Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Plum Cottage blooms - picture heavy

FlowerLady6
13 years ago

Thought I'd post some blooms from this year. I know I've not been here in quite awhile, I got caught up in posting in my blog. I see a lot of new faces here, and wonderful gardens too.

This is a picture of my main garden taken in April. Hubby's workshop is behind the iron grating. Our cottage is to the right, not shown.

{{gwi:629232}}

Another picture taken a few days later.

{{gwi:629234}}

Here we have a Gulf Fritillary butterfly on Golden Dewdrop flowers. They smell like licorice.

{{gwi:629236}}

Here is Pink Pet, one of the oldest roses in my gardens.

{{gwi:629238}}

Dainty Bess is a sweetheart.

{{gwi:629240}}

Dwarf Orchid blooms have a delicate scent. I grew this from seed.

{{gwi:629242}}

Passion vine flowers. This vine grows all over with no help from me.

{{gwi:629243}}

Here is the crepe myrtle by my shed.

{{gwi:629245}}

Another passion vine with beautiful scented blooms. I believe this one is known as Incense.

{{gwi:629247}}

A daylily.

{{gwi:629249}}

Here is my Queen Crepe. I love this crepe.

{{gwi:629251}}

Here is a picture with my hand for comparison.

{{gwi:629253}}

A tropical orange hibiscus.

{{gwi:629255}}

Another tropical bloomer, a bromeliad bloom.

{{gwi:629257}}

And some whimsy, a curbside shopped carved cat, and dwarf yellow poinciana.

{{gwi:629259}}

Here is a link that might be useful: FlowerLady's Musings

Comments (16)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Pretty blooms and nice photos. The crepe myrtle is beautiful, both of them.

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Schoolhouse. My gardens like all gardens are a continual work in progress. Your gardens are an inspiration to me. I've not done very much this summer as the heat and humidity were just too much to take. I'm so looking forward to cooler weather.

FlowerLady

• mcr1968
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!! I love your crepe myrtle's. Heading over to check out your blog to see what other goodies you have!

• soxxxx
    13 years ago

I am a bottle tree person. The blue one is the first thing that caught my eye. All the pictures are so pretty. I had not seen Queen Crepe before. I thought I was looking at my own hand except for the ring.

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

Love that cat!

• token28001
    13 years ago

Just gorgeous. Even in the heat. I love the cat too.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

So beautiful! I've been wondering how your garden has held up in all this heat! It must be so hot down there!! Your photos show how beautiful everything looks though!

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

totally awesome!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I love ponciana. Your orchid crape myrtle is beginning to change my mind about the tree.
    Thanks,
    Renee

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone. Thank you for your kind comments.

MCR ~ I love my crepes too. We've only had the Queen about 3 years now. The pink ones are always giving me babies that I can dig up and move around the property.

soxxxx ~ I love bottle trees too. Actually, mine is a bouquet. I used some kind of bendable tubing that we had, and put them inside a 3' tall or so terra cotta drain pipe for my vase then arranged the blue blossoms. Seeing it always makes me happy. I've got another terra cotta section, and green bottles that I plan to do another arrangement with, just not sure where yet.

GP ~ We 'found' that cat curbside. He does add whimsy.

Tom ~ I'm surprised things have done as well as they have this summer, and am thankful for all of the survivors.

GGG ~ Yes, it's been horribly hot and humid. Yesterday was really bad, with dense cloud cover, and the air was thick. Couldn't stay outside long at all. I am so ready for cooler weather.

aimeekitty ~ Thank you.

Renee ~ If you can grow the Queen crepe in your zone, then I think you would love it.

Thanks again and Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady

• floweryearth
    13 years ago

Flowerlady, I absolutely LOVE how you've created a tropical cottage garden. I wish I would have done that while I lived in Miami! Wonderful. :)

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you FloweryEarth. Our gardens are certainly not typical cottage gardens that is for sure. I'm looking forward to working more in the gardens now that the cooler weather will be here. This summer was really brutal and I've not done much at all except hibernate. Do you have an album of pictures or a blog on your own gardens?

FlowerLady

• token28001
    13 years ago

I'm ready to get out on the yard too. Wednesday and Thursday are going to be my recovery days. I haven't gotten dirty in a while. I need to get busy. Lots of things to do and we're going to get some rain today.

I love you blooms. Your blog is wonderful.

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning Tom ~ It's not even 6:30 yet, I've just had my first sip of coffee, and here is your post. Thank you so much for your kind words.

We've been working outside too now that it's cooler. During the night we had heavy rain for possibly 20 minutes. Nice. It didn't make it any cooler though.

Enjoy working in your lovely gardens.

FlowerLady

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

I know I am responding a little late here, but just had to say how enjoyable your pics are! So nice to look at in the dead of winter with all this darn snow!

I ENVY your amazing passion flower!! Do you ever get fruit from your vines?
    Love your cat too- such a nice touch!
    Thanks for the cheerful blooms ;-)
    CMK

• mayblooms
    13 years ago

Oooh, that Pink Pet rose is lovely.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz