Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mora_gw

Night Garden

mora
14 years ago

I would love to see your pics of your garden at night.

Here is mine a few weeks ago.

{{gwi:629387}}

Comments (14)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    14 years ago

Oh my, look at the color, how gorgeous is that. I don't have any night pics of my garden just some night pics of individual flowers and a few pictures of a very pretty sky at dusk.

Annette

• gldno1
    14 years ago

That is pretty and an interesting idea. I never see my garden at night! I am an early riser and early to bed person.
    I might have to try this.

Glenda

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Here are a couple of early morning shots. I took these this morning at 6:15.

{{gwi:629390}}

• mora
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Annette, the picture was taken just as the lilies were starting to bloom, so much anticipation.

Glenda, gorgeous, what are the white flowers on the left of the tree trunk in the second photo? They kind of look like my peacock orchid lilies., Martha

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

Yum, it's time to think about planting lilies again. Can't have too many.

I went out and took pics in the dark tonight after the rain. Glenda's early morning idea is better, it was so dark the flash reflected on the roses.

{{gwi:629391}}

{{gwi:629392}}

Nell

• treelover
    14 years ago

Night's a good time to photograph spider webs, if you can arrange for the sky to be the background. This is from last year:

{{gwi:629393}}

Now that I think about it . . . I haven't seen any garden spiders this year. They usually show up at the end of the summer.

• mora
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nell, I know what you mean about the flash. My photo wouldn't have worked when the lilies were in bloom.
    Treelover, cool pic...you can have my spiders, they sure are big this time of year.

• sierra_z2b
    14 years ago

The proper lighting is needed for night photography. Off camera flash.....depending on the situation....more than one flash set up in different locations. If you don't want heavy shadows a 3rd flash at different temps would do the job.

On a less serious note, just as it is getting dark or light (not pitch black out) works best with point and shoot cameras or oncamera flash.

Nice garden Mora.

Sierra

• treelover
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Sierra. Guess I'll have to recruit DH to hold flashlights!

• susie_gardener_2007
    14 years ago

This year I said I was going to take pictures of all of my flowers, but I work 10 hour days in another town. When I get home it's about dark, so quite a few of my pictures are taken at night.

{{gwi:629394}}

• mora
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Susie, that is a stunning photo! Martha

• sierra_z2b
    14 years ago

Martha, did you get my email?

Sierra

• mora
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No Sierra, not as yet, I'll keep checking., M

• sierra_z2b
    14 years ago

Okay I just sent another one..hope you get it.

Sierra

Sponsored