Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

A Few Almost Fall pictures

gldno1
14 years ago

Most of the garden is winding down. Mums are beginning and the grasses are bloomed out beautifully, one native aster is open, a few phlox still straggling along, and some annuals are still looking quite good.

It seems I have never really noticed the pinkish cloud effect of the perillas in full bloom.

{{gwi:629872}}

This clump is behind lavender mums which I hope will open before the perillas bite the dust.

I almost forgot the sedums. This is Matrona next to eragrostis 'Wind Dancer'.

{{gwi:629873}}

and last the red mum that is in the new planting with Grace smoke tree. It is actually a much darker red than this sunny shot..

{{gwi:629874}}

Comments (4)

• treelover
    14 years ago

Gosh, those first two pairs are great combos, Glenda.

I think I have that red mum (mine's darker, too). Got a whole lot of them for a quarter each last fall and they bloomed twice this past spring. The summer was hard on them; can't tell what they're going to do this fall.

• Annie
    14 years ago

Oh Glenda!
    Those are all beautiful!
    My Perilla looks like that right now too. I love it and love the way it smells, too.
    I LOVE that Sedum.
    I have five different Sedums - two named and three not.
    If you want to trade a cutting for a cutting, send me an email and I can give you the particulars about them and send pics of them too.

I have that Chrysanthemum too, or one that looks like it.
    All my mums bloomed in spring and are beginning to bloom again. The yellow-gold ones are making larger than usual blooms this year. All that good compost and soil I added I guess.

The wildflowers put on a really great show this year, both in Spring and now in the Fall. I keep saying I am going to stop along the road and take pictures to share with everyone on here - and kinda let you all see what it looks like around these parts.

It has been raining here every day for the past three weeks. All my plants have overgrown their bounds and are flopping. Gads. Today it didn't rain until after dark when we got a little sprinkle. The sun came out for about an hour this morning...well, sort of came out. I am happy to have all this moisture, but I sure would enjoy a sunny, dry day so I can work in the garden. The dogs and I took a walk up on the hill in the meadow. That was nice. They had a good run. The cool weather is making my legs and back hurt, but I love it. Love the Autumn, but this year it has come a full month early. What kind of winter will we be getting this year me wonders. The snow will likely be a*s-deep to a tall Indian...but I'm just a short, fat little Indian. Yikes!

Always enjoy seeing your beautiful flowers and the "ranch".
    Your friend,
    ~Annie

• trailrunner
    14 years ago

Beautiful colors !! I don't know that perilla plant. I will have to look it up . I have never planted Mums. I didn't realize they would come back the same color. I had been told that they weren't "true" or something like that. Will have to look into that also . Love the rain we are having...FINALLY. It has been 3 years since we have had daily rains. c

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Annie, I emailed you. Did you get it?

glenda

Sponsored