Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

A few late August photos around the garden . . .

cziga
14 years ago

We'll start with a photo of the Rose of Sharon. Still young. I posted on the other thread, I believe it might be mislabelled. It was sold as "Blue Satin", but doesn't look blue enough in comparison to other people's photos.

{{gwi:629995}}

Of course, the Bells of Ireland. One of my favourite annuals. It is unusual and I love it!

{{gwi:629996}}

A Hollyhock volunteer. Pink on pink, and quite spectacular when in full bloom.

{{gwi:629997}}

And another unknown pink . . . this time a Phlox. A very healthy plant, my heahtliest Phlox. Isn't it always the unknowns and the volunteers that are the healthiest plants in the garden!

{{gwi:629998}}

{{gwi:630000}}

Yvonne's Salvia. It didn't get to 5 ft tall, but was impressive and bright red nonetheless. Probably about 3 ft tall, maybe 3 1/2.

{{gwi:630002}}

Sunflower "Indian Blanket". I love the colours on this one.

{{gwi:630003}}

A Sunflower volunteer from our feathered friends, no doubt!

{{gwi:630004}}

I grew this one from seed but lost the label so I'm not sure which cultivar it is.

{{gwi:630005}}

Hydrangea "Cityline Paris". Finally in full bloom. I'm surprised at how dark the blooms are but I guess I shouldn't be. The descriptions warn that it can be dark . . . it just seemed like it would be lighter when the blooms first started to change colour. It has ended up being the same colour as Echinacea "Vintage Wine", which is perfect since they are right near each other. One of my newest favourite garden combinations, with a Heuchera "Creme de Menthe" in between! Unexpected but very pretty :)

{{gwi:630006}}

And you know it is finally Fall when the Chrysanthemums start blooming. This is a perennial light purple one.

{{gwi:630007}}

And finally, I'm not sure what flower this is? Medium purple, blooms late summer . . . any ideas, please let me know :)I'm sure it is a fairly common flower, but I don't know which!

{{gwi:630008}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES