Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Company seating....

schoolhouse_gw
14 years ago

...under the hedge tunnel. We sat and watched the guys put a new roof on my garage.

{{gwi:630347}}

Comments (12)

• User
    14 years ago

Oh I just love your old wicker. I sure wish I could find it around here for a reasonable price. No luck though. What a charming setting. c

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. Whenever I come across some at a thrift store or yard sale, I grab it - unless it's too pricey. Normally, I paint it some nice garden color; and even tho it may only last a couple of seasons it was worth it to me. I'll continue to sit in a wicker chair until my rear-end drops through! And the funny thing is, just as they get to that point I think they look their best. :) (not my rear-end, the chair that is). I've never found a good way to repair the broken leg of a wicker chair that will last and hate to toss them out with the trash; so I end up with a stack of wounded.

I bought a resin "all-weather" wicker chaise one year, beautiful hunter green, very expensive....hardly ever get it out of the storage shed. Just doesn't have the same feeling as real wicker to me.

• frogview00
    14 years ago

Wonderful photo as are the others. You always 'paint' just beautiful visual pictures. Your garden and grounds are gorgeous.
    Jim

• gldno1
    14 years ago

What a comfortable looking seating group and in the shade. You can't ask for much more than that.

It looks very country.

• memo3
    14 years ago

Hedge tunnel??? What is the hedge? It looks very cool and inviting!

MeMo

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Looking down through the (privet) hedge tunnel, please ignore neighbor's blue van:
    {{gwi:630350}}

Looking up towards the garden:
    {{gwi:630353}}

A "window" in the hedge:
    {{gwi:630356}}

The view looking through the "window", standing on the other side of the hedge (road side) peeking in:
    {{gwi:630360}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This urn with geraniums sits at the end of the tunnel. Behind it is the shrub border I'm trying to establish where the neighbors cut down their arbovitae and pine trees that had made such a great screen all these years.
    {{gwi:630363}} urn

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I love that tunnel! Did it just happen naturally or did you tie some ends overhead?

Love the urn too.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

After the hedge grows so tall, it arches naturally.

• frogview00
    14 years ago

I just love what you do. You have such a good feel for creating a landscape and directing the eye. I long for such talent.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, thank you very much frog.

• FlowerLady6
    14 years ago

How wonderful is that, the seating, the tunnel, the views. A place you want to wander into to relax, away from the crazy outside world. Your place is inspiring.

FlowerLady

Sponsored