Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Company seating....

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 15:57

...under the hedge tunnel. We sat and watched the guys put a new roof on my garage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Company seating....

Oh I just love your old wicker. I sure wish I could find it around here for a reasonable price. No luck though. What a charming setting. c

o

Thanks. Whenever I come across some at a thrift store or yard sale, I grab it - unless it's too pricey. Normally, I paint it some nice garden color; and even tho it may only last a couple of seasons it was worth it to me. I'll continue to sit in a wicker chair until my rear-end drops through! And the funny thing is, just as they get to that point I think they look their best. :) (not my rear-end, the chair that is). I've never found a good way to repair the broken leg of a wicker chair that will last and hate to toss them out with the trash; so I end up with a stack of wounded.

I bought a resin "all-weather" wicker chaise one year, beautiful hunter green, very expensive....hardly ever get it out of the storage shed. Just doesn't have the same feeling as real wicker to me.

o

Wonderful photo as are the others. You always 'paint' just beautiful visual pictures. Your garden and grounds are gorgeous.
Jim

o

What a comfortable looking seating group and in the shade. You can't ask for much more than that.

It looks very country.

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 1:56

Hedge tunnel??? What is the hedge? It looks very cool and inviting!

MeMo

o

Looking down through the (privet) hedge tunnel, please ignore neighbor's blue van:

Looking up towards the garden:

A "window" in the hedge:

The view looking through the "window", standing on the other side of the hedge (road side) peeking in:

o
urn

This urn with geraniums sits at the end of the tunnel. Behind it is the shrub border I'm trying to establish where the neighbors cut down their arbovitae and pine trees that had made such a great screen all these years.
urn

o

I love that tunnel! Did it just happen naturally or did you tie some ends overhead?

Love the urn too.

o

After the hedge grows so tall, it arches naturally.

o

I just love what you do. You have such a good feel for creating a landscape and directing the eye. I long for such talent.

o

Wow, thank you very much frog.

o

How wonderful is that, the seating, the tunnel, the views. A place you want to wander into to relax, away from the crazy outside world. Your place is inspiring.

FlowerLady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here