Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Limelight Hydrangea showing its true color

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 3, 09 at 7:26

Now you can see why they call it 'Limelight'. I am still loving this shrub.

Hydrangea Limelight shrub

Hydrangea Limelight

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Limelight Hydrangea showing its true color

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 3, 09 at 13:43

That's gorgeous! I went to an annual plant sale at a local arboretum this morning. Was hoping to get a dwarf oakleaf, but they were all gone. Saw some limelights. The flower heads remind me a little of oakleafs.

o

I have an oakleaf right next to this; it seems to be slower growing. You are right, the bloom is very similar, just a different color. The oakleaf is supposed to get a pretty burgundy fall color, but mine is sort of mottled now.....will see how it looks later.

o

How nice. I love hydrangeas of all types.

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 1:40

Oh, that's very pretty, Glenda! I planted two Limelight standards in my garden this year and they are all finished blooming now. They bloomed like crazy even after a haircut by the goats. The one bush type Limelight that I have has never bloomed and it's 3 or 4 years old now. Your's looks great!

MeMo

o

Gorgeous! I love this hydrangea--I planted three tiny tiny ones this spring and they all bloomed! They look kind of ridiculous, though, with these huge flower heads on itsy bitsy plants! The flower heads started out lime green and are now white. I hope to see them start turning burgundy soon, and I hope they'll look like yours next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here