Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color

Posted by token28001 zone7 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 11:12

It has arrived.

"The Wild" just beyond the weeds I mow all summer. Some call it grass, but it's weeds.

The same area, from my driveway. Salvia elegans in the foreground, a crape myrtle to the left, "the wild" in the back.

Along the gully/edge of my property and perennial bed.

Across the street.

Someone should tell this hibiscus that summer is over.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color

Geeze that's so beautiful, just my cup o' tea. I love scenes like these.

o

It's why I bought this property. I didn't buy the house, I bought the land. :)

o

Tom, your place looks just like a country setting. How wonderful that you found that kind of a place in town. It looks more rural than some rural properties near me.

Beautiful! I hope you plan to keep some of it 'wild'.

o

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous, one of the selling points when we bought our house was, I looked out the front room window and saw nothing but trees. After living in a company town for 6 years where the houses were sandwiched together, if you looked out your windows you were looking in the windows next door or across the street :o(.

Annette

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 22:55

Love your wild! You're fortunate to have 2 lots.

o

I plan to do nothing to the back wild area. I might plant some evergreens in front of it. I like the separation it provides from the neighbors. It also brings in lots of wildlife, birds and squirrels mostly. The two lots here are very nice to have. 1/2 acre never seemed so large as when trying to plan everything though.

o

That's so pretty, token! I think the red salvia goes especially well with the autumn colors!

o

What a beautiful setting with wonderful fall colors. It looks so serene.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here