Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Skies, forever changing

Lilyfinch and I thought it would be nice to start a thread on Skies, forever changing, stormy, sunsets, cloud formations etc. I'll start off with this one taken one July evening just at dusk, you can still see the outline of a rainbow.
Annette

Comments (17)

• daisyjano
    9 years ago

Wow, that's a lovely sky shot, Annette! I've never seen a rainbow like that! The colors are amazing!

Thanks so much for sharing! :) I love the idea of posting sky shots.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Whoa Annette ! I have never seen something like that either ! How pretty . I hope you don't mind that I shift the pics I posted over here . It's all I have for now . But I will try to get more ! :)

{{gwi:630769}}

{{gwi:630770}}

{{gwi:630771}}

;)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Same night in July just at sunset. What made me go out and look at the sky, I looked up from my computer and the whole room was washed with a pink glow, I went to the window looked at the sky and grabbed the camera :). I have never seen a sky like this before or since.
    Annette

9 years ago

Annette , the sky looks positively on fire ! Unbelievable beauty there . Here is tonites sunset . Maybe I'll see if I am up early enough to get a sunrise for us . I enjoy this thread ! It has been a reminder to stop and appriciate it ! :)

{{gwi:630772}}

A few min later ....

{{gwi:630774}}

Here's the final wink good night from the sun ....

{{gwi:630776}}

:)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    9 years ago

All this beauty around us, I wonder how many people actually stop and take a minute to enjoy.

Annette

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

I do, I havn't been on the boards in a couple weeks,and just tonight saw an older post where lilyfinch told me this was here.So now that I know,I'll be posting here as well.Not tonight though,as I don't have my pictures on this kindle,that I know of anyway.lol

The pictures shown so far are beautiful,and the funny thing is I took a bunch tonight as our sky was so beautiful at sunset,silver and white and gray in one area,and just to the right of that,the oranges,pinks,purples of the setting sun.It was Beautiful

I used to have this saying on my fridge that said
    "I didn't know orange went with purple,til I saw the sunset GOD made"

Cut that out of a magazine,as "words" are another of my favorite things.
    So many loves,so little time.Stay tuned for some pics in the next couple of days.
    Kathi

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    9 years ago

I wish you hadn't posted this on the gallery instead of on the conversations side, but I'll save the editorial for the conversations side.

View behind the house in late September

9 years ago

Nhbabs , what a glorious picture !! I love the sunset pushing thru the trees . Just beautiful .
    Kathi , please do post some pictures ! It sounds like you got some great ones . It amazes me how one moment the sky can be one color and then in no time at all shift to another . It's just incredible ! I really wish I could find my charger to my digital camera . Last night was incredible with the sky lit up by the moon and the shadows reflecting off the lake . Perfect for Halloween !

Here is the sunrise one morning . It was very pretty !

{{gwi:630778}}

• valree3
    9 years ago

Beautiful pictures! This was taken in sept. On our back deck. The leaves are no longer on the trees so it's nice to see some green. The leaves won't be back till may.

• valree3
    9 years ago

Sorry I don't know how to post more than one at a time.

• valree3
    9 years ago

Beautiful morning!

9 years ago

Valree oh my gosh !! What a beautiful sunrise . I really can't get over it ! I loved your first two pics , and then Wowsers ! God is a show off ! What mountains are we viewing here ? Please keep contributing to the thread . This is going to be a glorious thread !!

• valree3
    9 years ago

The beautiful Ruby mountains in northeastern Nevada. The elevation is a bit over 11000 ft. That's a view from my back deck. I'm really spoiled!

• surya55_gw
    9 years ago

Love the pictures everyone! I couldn't help but comment on the beauty of each shot.

9 years ago

{{gwi:630781}}

Well I think this looks similar to others I have posted but it was beautiful . I always seem to be a couple min late of getting the best shots, and my iphone is not the optimum camera . Since we moved I misplaced my camera battery charger , so that stinks !
    Anyway , here's my contribution !! Happy Sunday !
    Valree , I agree that we are all spoiled here ! And I'm not upset about it ! Lol

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    9 years ago

My previous photo was west-facing, the view from my kitchen window towards the river.
    Last week I took this picture looking south over the field that runs parallel to the river. I love how this view changes depending on the light and how high the corn is.
    {{gwi:630783}}From early November 2014

• simongz
    9 years ago

ski lanscape;

Here is a link that might be useful: courchevel 1850

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!