Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The foliage is here! The foliage is here!

Posted by thyme2dig NH 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 17, 09 at 16:35

This is my absolute favorite time in New England. I wish it wasn't so fleeting. The maples are starting to turn and will be full turn soon and then the oaks will turn their incredible hues of burnt tones. The sugar maples get all the publicity and glory up here, but later in the fall when the oaks turn is such a sight (and all the tourists are gone by then! LOL!)

Here are a couple pics of some foliage in the garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The foliage is here! The foliage is here!

t2d, what textures! Beautiful!

o

That's it. I want your front walkway. I've already got the slope and the stairs. I love the interplay of grasses and shrubs with the smoothness of the stones. Inspiring.

o

Look at that! Just what I needed to see this morning, some inspiration. It's beautiful. A set up steps - could be my project for next year.

o

Ahhhhh. Very very nice. And there's a lot more beauty there than just the foliage colors. Great gardens.

ThinMan

o

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I don't get to share my gardens with too many people because I'm at the end of a road that no one comes up and most of my friends are not into gardening in the least. My DH and I really enjoy our yard, especially in autumn. Such a bittersweet season.

o

Well, you just keep sharing with us. It is just beautiful and sure shows how you don't need flowers in bloom all the time. I think the colors are just as lovely on the leaves.

You have a wonderful garden.

o

Just Lovely.
In south central TX we get very little of the fall colors.

Many years ago my DH was building a store in Conn. We drove around the East Coast and dearly loved seeing the turn. Plus things and places I had only read about. I will always treasure that fall.

o

For this girl down here in the sub-tropics I love seeing fall colors and gardens and yours are wonderful! Do show more pictures to us, pretty please.

FlowerLady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here