Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures from the San Antnio, TX plant swap

Posted by plantmaven 8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 11, 09 at 17:16

I thought y'all might like to see pictures.

It was sooo much fun.
Notice that there is a picture of Bossjim. I was the only one that knew he, his wife and cousin were driving over. So it was fun to see the surprised look on folks faces when they realized who he was.
Some of the others lurk here, but I think Jim and I are the only ones in this group who post.

A couple funny things happened during the door prize drawings Jim's cousin told him to draw her name and he did.
When I called her name she thought I was kidding. She was glad to have witnesses, that way no one thought "the fix was in".

There is a young lady who brings her darling mother, and this time her cousin. The first name I drew was her's. The 2 or 3 later her mother's and then towards the end her cousin's. We really gave her a hard time about that, since it was her basket we used to draw names from.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures from the San Antnio, TX plant swap

drop off

o

Thanks for posting this. I've been enjoying reading posts from some of you for years and it's good to see your faces! Wish I could have been there. Looks like fun!

Susie

o

Me too, I'm always interested in how things are done elsewhere. I wish we had one of those swaps around here, I'm sure it would go over big time.

Annette

o

Susie and Annette, why don't you start a swap? Either with friend, neighbors or church. Even if it's just 4 or 5 people. It will grow each year as the word gets around.

o

That looks like such fun! I loved looking at the pics. You guys look really organized. How many people showed up in total?
Thanks for sharing.
CMK

o

It really is fun.
I think there were about 20. Almost everyone brought several boxes of plants. I know that my son made several trips with my green dump wagon.
There were 8 tables covered with plants and most had plants underneath and on the seats.
By the end of the swap you re beggin' people to take your left over plants so you don't have to take them home.
I know I had about 5 boxes of "new" plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here