Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

If you're not OD'd on fall pics yet...

thinman
14 years ago

A pretty, and pretty old, plum tree.

{{gwi:631067}}
My cutting garden put to bed for the winter.

{{gwi:631068}}
My dear little apple-picking helper.

{{gwi:631069}}
He can crank, too. Little brother took a turn later.

{{gwi:631070}}
If pears were dollars, I'd be on Easy Street.

{{gwi:631071}}
This little guy likes our pears. And we like him. :-)

{{gwi:631073}}

So long, fall. You were fast but pretty.

ThinMan

Comments (13)

• todancewithwolves
    14 years ago

Such a shapely plum tree. I think it's magnificent.

Those little guys are precious. They look just like you.

Edna

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    14 years ago

Your plum tree is a beauty, I bet it even looks pretty good in the nude too :). I must say your two little helpers are handsome fellas, they're going to breaks some hearts a few years down the road.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

Looks like Fall at your place alright, great pics esp. love the second photo.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

There are never too many pictures!

These are all wonderful fall shots....love those grandsons.

Now inquiring minds want to know: Do you know what variety the plum and pears are?

That is the most glorious plum tree I have ever seen and the pear isn't too shabby either! My pear trees have been out about 3 years now.....still nary a fruit and just a few blooms last year

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Thinman, those are gorgeous pictures. I dream of growing fruit like you do (I should be so lucky to grow it that well!). Your photos are beautiful as are the little chips off the ol' block!

• User
    14 years ago

Oh TM....what beauty you have around you....c

here is a link to my DS1 last year...my apple picker !

Here is a link that might be useful: apple picking in Alabama

• thinman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Edna, Annette, and Schoolhouse. We have had the two boys since Sunday, and I haven't had a lot of time to post anything since I put the pics on. Their mom and dad will be home today, so life will be back to normal for us. Less rich, but normal.

Glenda, thank you, too. The plum and pear trees came with the property and are all that's left of a farm that was here many years ago. We have two different kinds of pears, but you won't be surprised when I tell you that we don't know what they are. One is earlier and the pears are good if you catch them at just the right time. There used to be a second plum tree here and we got some plums until it got so decrepit I had to take it down. The one left is now pretty but fruitless.

GGG - I can't take a smidgen of credit for growing any of the fruit. The only thing I do is prune the trees every couple of years and they do the rest. Because I don't spray, a lot of the apples are not usable, but I can usually find plenty to make batches of fall applesauce. Thank you for thinking the pics are gorgeous!

Yes, Caroline, we love our spot in the country. That was a cool video of your son picking apples.

TM

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Caroline, I enjoyed the video too and learned something. Use pickling cucumbers for the best taste! I always plant them and just let them self-seed.....and they are picklers. Glad to hear a chef agrees with me.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    14 years ago

What a beautiful set of photos. I could just stare at the second photo of your field for hours. It is so serene and the lighting and clouds are perfect. And what wonderful and helpers you have!

• thinman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, Thyme2dig. I like the second one a lot too. When the morning sun starts coming across the field and barn, it tends to make me run for my camera.

Here's another shot: {{gwi:631074}}

Yep, we love our helpers.

TM

• mora
    14 years ago

Beautiful pictures TMan. That plum tree is so perfect. Your little helpers must love coming to visit, what wonderful memories you are making with them, Martha

• thinman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Martha. The two little grandsons actually live right next door to us and we watch them two days a week, so we are definitely making lots of wonderful memories. Our other two grandkids live in Seattle, and we don't see them nearly enough. :-(

TM

• memo3
    14 years ago

It's pretty amazing how great fall pictures look, and how welcome they are, in the middle of January when a storm is brewing outside and everything is already covered in white snow! You have a beautiful property TM. I always enjoy seeing pictures from you.

MeMo

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm