Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring in January

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 10:06

Here are the bouquet tulips bulbs my friend gifted me for Christmas. I planted them appx. Dec. 28th., they are coming along nicely despite the pantry being on the cool side. I sit them on the window sill during the day.

photo 100_5142.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring in January

I never thought of planting bulbs inside. I am starting seed next month. They look good but I have never tried tulip.

o
RE: Spring in January

They look like they are doing great! I love to have something potted up and growing inside this time of year, makes me believe I can (maybe!) survive until spring.

o
Feel like snowy and cold!

That really nice and environment friendly christmas gift! This time spring-like temperatures made you stop and question whether it really was January in Michigan, you had good reason to pause. I know it's not uncommon to experience a snowstorm one day and walk around without a jacket the next. I generally used to bypassed a weather record set 23 years ago for the warmest minimal temperature in Grand Rapids on the last day in January. If you see some places in West region specially in north US at Michigan saw almost a foot of snow on Sunday, but temperatures this week are expected to remain mild.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here