Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottyboipdx

Backyard Renovation

scottyboipdx
12 years ago

Hey all, just did a series of posts on my backyard renovation...check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Part 1:

http://www.rhonestreetgardens.com/2011/11/backyard-renovation-part-1.html

Part 2:

http://www.rhonestreetgardens.com/2012/01/backyard-renovation-part-2_13.html

Part 3:

http://www.rhonestreetgardens.com/2012/01/backyard-renovation-part-3.html

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

Comments (10)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Fun to watch the pictures Scotty! I like seeing the before, during and after of the creation process! Looks like it was a lot of hard work but you guys pulled it off. I'm afraid I would have to get the yard guys driving that truck to do mine. *sigh* Great job!

Ginny

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Fantastic! Sure is nice that you have a partner that is also interested in creating a garden sanctuary. You guys did a wonderful job. The fence looks great- love the stain color you used on it. It makes such a nice backdrop for the plants. I tend to like curved paths too, but really love the look of your paver paths. Sometimes having a bit of formality is nice, especially with a more informal style garden. Your summer/fall garden is my favorite! Gotta' love those ornamental grasses...wonderful paired with the agastaches.

Here are the direct links to your posts (hope you don't mind my linking these for you...)

Backyard Renovation Part 1

Backyard Renovation Part 2

Backyard Renovation Part 3

Wonderful as usual Scotty! Thanks for sharing
    CMK

• aklinda
    12 years ago

I am amazed at the growth you had in one year - by the end of the summer your garden looked like it had been there for years. I also am using the same color palette and am winter sowing a ton this year to try and fill in the gaps - your pictures are inspirational to me.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Wonderful posts about your back yard renovation, Scott. Your planning and hard work have given you a beautiful garden. Now that you have had a year of use, do you plan to pave the rest of the path?

Many of the plants you use are also in my gardens as we share a color scheme. I love agastaches as well, a favorite for me is a.'Firebird'. The color of a.'Ava'looks so rich I will consider adding it to my gardens.

Thanks for sharing.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

What an amazing transformation. I totally LOVE the fence. It is absolutely gorgeous and the table and chairs fit in perfectly with it. Love the way you plan the garden for ALL seasons. NICE JOB!!!

• scottyboipdx
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone...glad you liked it! :-)

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Lovely Garden, Love the blog!

• flora_uk
    12 years ago

Ooh, I just noticed the Parthenocissus henryana. I love the plant but watch it like a hawk. Ours is 23 years old and grows right up the back of our house (4 storeys). We have to cut it back 2x per year to keep it off the roof. Also love the neighbours' Clematis armandii.

• sharoncl
    12 years ago

Absolutely loved your renovation-- great plant choices (many of my favorites! agastaches, geraniums, astrantias, and grasses...) and your photography is beautiful. I enjoyed your blog, especially the "Gardening in four dimensions" post. Very nice!

• scottyboipdx
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Calamity: Thanks so much :-)

flora_uk: Oh yeah...I sort of planted that warily! I've seen it go crazy in other gardens, so, I'm keeping an eye on it, for sure!

sharoncl: Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it :-)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus