Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denidill

pictures of beautiful gardens

denidill
13 years ago

It is snowing heavily here today and I am browsing through pictures of gardens in the cottage forum. I came across a fantastic one by david_5311. Also, hosenemesis has a heavenly patch of earth in California. Do anyone of you know of any other names I could peruse? I am more interested in looking at large sweeping pictures of gardens, not close-ups of a plant.

Thanks.

Comments (18)

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

The link shows some pictures I put on here last May. Not whole gardens but a bit bigger than close ups. I commiserate with your being snowed in - I would go bonkers I think. Today I came home from a Rugby match at half time because I was so cold. The temperature was 1c and I couldn't stand sitting outdoors for 90 minutes!

Here is a link that might be useful: Over the garden wall

• denidill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I ended up finding some great pictures from the clippings of hosenemesis! And thanks flora_uk .... yours are wonderful too. Currently we have gotten at least 6-8" of snow out there today and it's still coming down. However, I know we have not gotten anything close to the eastern U.S. so I am not complaining.

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Here's mine - a mix of views and closeups. Desperately needs updating - maybe next month . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden photo album

• mary_lu_gw
    13 years ago

We have a garden web site that documents the creation of our gardens year-by-year. You are welcome to visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Garden

• denidill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you gottagarden and mary_lu ... this is just what I've been looking for. Amazing gardens.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

I don't have lots of my own personal pictures to share but in my clippings I've saved a lot! :)

• denidill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much, lilyfinch. I love your choices for your clippings. You should check out gottagarden (see above). It's spectactular.

13 years ago

I don't have lots of my own personal pictures to share but in my clippings I've saved a lot! :)

• luckygal
    13 years ago

My garden is a modest one but is in the same zone as you are. Link below.

Here's a thread with some links to member's blogs: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cottage/msg0108074710263.html?50

I especially like wonbyherwits' garden: http://definingyourhome.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: my northern garden

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

I have so thoroughly enjoyed looking through everyone's albums.

Flora, what a treat to see your photos again. I can't begin to say which is my favorite because they are all so interesting and beautiful.

Gottagarden, how excited I was that you linked your picasa site! Your garden is stunning in all seasons. There are so many different areas of interest in your garden. You must get so much satisfaction from it.

Mary Lu, I always enjoy seeing the different parts of your garden and the structures. This year when you posted your daylily bed pictures it inspired me to divide my daylilies and plant them en masse along my split-rail fence. Love the rose garden with fountain.

Luckygal, bears? Really? Do they just wander out of your yard when you go out of the house? Or do you stay in the house until they leave?! I had a lot of fun going through your pictures. I really like the glass flowers you have created.

13 years ago

So weird that it posted twice hours apart! Sorry! I just spent time at gotta gardens site and oh my! I'm itching to get outside ! Too bad its cold out. Off to browse more!

• kristin_flower
    13 years ago

Wow, what beautiful gardens!

GottaGarden - Can you tell me the names of the tall spectacular white plants in your picture #25?

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

gottagarden - I really like the picture of the little girl paddling in the pond. It's lovely to see a kid not fazed by getting wet and a bit mucky! And to see adults letting her get dirty without fussing. Those lily stems must feel really slimy but she couldn't care less. I'm sure she will remember that experience later.

• andreea21
    13 years ago

I would like to share some of my pictures with my garden!
    The first pictures are with my flowers, and then by the end of my pages is my garden!
    Enjoy them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Pictures!

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

The little girl is my daughter and she loves to play in the mud. The pictures I could show you . . . Been going through my photos, I should start some new threads.

• luckygal
    13 years ago

"Luckygal, bears? Really? Do they just wander out of your yard when you go out of the house? Or do you stay in the house until they leave?! I had a lot of fun going through your pictures. I really like the glass flowers you have created."

Thanks thyme2dig - those glass flowers still need stems, maybe this year! Since we live in a large forest in bear country they do occasionally come around and don't know boundaries such as fences. I've seen them leap easily over the barb-wire fences surrounding our pastures. Every time I go outside, I am aware they could be around except in the coldest weather when they *should* be hibernating. Mostly they are fearful of people altho the one last summer didn't seem to be very ready to leave. He seemed more crabby than afraid which did scare me and I never left my deck. Whenever I've seen one I've either been in my house or in my vehicle. I do go outside to take pics when I see them but don't go too far from the door. Even with the dangerous wildlife here it's safer than living in the city.

So many pretty gardens, it's a treat to 'visit' them.

• flora2b
    13 years ago

What beautiful pics you all have to help remove some of the dreary, snowy winter blues. I think I need my sun lite. Hurry up spring!!!
    Here are a few from my garden space of years past.
    {{gwi:633643}}

{{gwi:633647}}

{{gwi:633651}}

{{gwi:633656}}

{{gwi:223439}}

{{gwi:633660}}

{{gwi:280610}}

Flora

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Ahhh. Flora- thank you. What a talent you have.
    Renee

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths