Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do Robins mean an early spring?

Posted by fnboyd z8 AL (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 08 at 13:49

My yard was just covered with robins this weekend. I don't remember them showing up this early before. I was always told that robins were a sign that spring was near.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking.

faye

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do Robins mean an early spring?

Me too..send them to Indiana would you please :)

I think they visit early when the winter is MOSTLY mild also. They can stand a fair amount of cold. We see them here very end of Feb or March.

o

What beautiful sight to behold, Faye.

Ground Hog day is Feb 2nd. Hopefully Punxsutawney Phil has good news :-) Spring is March 20th and I'm counting down the days.

Edna

o

There was a Robin in the yard last week, I think we have them here year-round but they don't show up in my yard in any numbers until winter is on the wain. Last year they arrived about this time to clean up all the berries on Pink Pagoda Mountain Ash. I think I heard somewhere we are in for another very wet spring. Darn, I wish it would travel south to those who really need it.

Annette

o

Don't know, but it would be very nice ... ours never left!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here