Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottyboipdx

Four Seasons in my Garden

scottyboipdx
12 years ago

I recently did a blog post showing sections of my garden and how they grew and changed this past year.

http://www.rhonestreetgardens.com/2011/12/gardening-in-four-dimensions.html

Enjoy!

Comments (11)

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Wow, gorgeous garden!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Great posting, Scott. Your photos of the progression of the garden are very well done. I especially like how the fall colors of the garden work with the fall color of the tree in the background. You have inspired me to take more broad view photos next year.

Each spring I am excited as I look at the mostly empty garden and am so appreciative of the new green growth. Spring comes late and slow to MN. By midsummer my beds are as packed as yours with blooms and interesting foliage. Then fall comes with late blooming plants accenting the browns, rusts, and oranges. Then comes early winter with grasses and bare stems and seedheads contrasting against the fresh snow and finally late winter with snow covering most everything and a yearning for the spring garden.

When visiting Portland I was amazed that the plants get so huge compared to the size of the mature plant here in MN.

Thanks for sharing.

To make a clickable link:
    Copy and paste URL into Optional Link URL in box below message box. Then put a name to the URL in the Name of the Link box.

Continue message as usual.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening in Four Dimnsions

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

I wish I were your neighbor. What a beautiful garden for all seasons. Well done!

• thinman
    12 years ago

Great pictures and gardens, Scott. I also had a good time checking out some of the other gardening blogs you have links to. Thanks for the fun.

ThinMan

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

So pretty. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing how gardens progress through the seasons. Yours are beautiful all year round.

• scottyboipdx
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, everyone...glad you enjoyed the post :-)

ogrose: Thanks very much :-)

MNWSGAL: It's very true...we have such mild weather that plants seem to grow much bigger here than what they typically would...can make planning a garden challenging ;-)

Thyme2dig: I'm sure there's a house for sale nearby...c'mon over!

thinman: There are quite a few there...I hope you found some good ones!

cyn427: Isn't it fun...so glad you enjoyed the post :-)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Bravo!!!! Amazing gardens! Thank you so much for sharing such awesome pictures at such a dreary time of year. Just what I needed. I am so excited to get going on my plans for spring and you have really inspired me even more! Love it!!

Namaste

Ginny

• scottyboipdx
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, honalee! I agree...going through pics of the garden in summer is what gets me through winter ;-)

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I second Thyme2dig. I want to live across the street from you! Thank you for the photos and for all the hard work.
    Renee

• gonativegal
    12 years ago

I especially like the picture with plant combination of the Lupine, blue geranium and Nepeta and looks like a little Jupiter's Beard peaking over. Lovely pictures.

• scottyboipdx
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hahaha...thatnks, hosenemesis...I think we can all agree it would be AWESOME to live in a neighborhood together! Can you imagine...looking down the street and nothing but gorgeous gardens as far as you can see!

Thanks gonativgal! I love that as well...it's such a soothing color palette just before things really explode for summer. That is the ONLY blue Lupine I got in a mixed pack...and, luckily, it's also the most vigorous...love that color! Oh, and you're right, it's Jupiter's Beard in the background. I probably should have dead-headed it after it bloomed last year...I can already see about a million seedlings coming up...oh well...at least now I know what I'll be plugging bare spots in the garden with this season ;-)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH