Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22262128

An Irish Cottage Garden.

User
9 years ago

Not my own Irish Cottage Garden this time,..i have a friend who moved from the City to a 200 year old Cottage in the countryside,..renovated the Cottage and since 2004 started her Cottage Garden from scratch,..the video below is 15 mins long but worth viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzUcMGo7uE

Comments (30)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Cottage.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cottage.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cottage.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cottage.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The flower garden.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A place to relax.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Acer.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Achillea.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Flower bed.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beds.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beds.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bed.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bed.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cardoon.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Armenia

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dry wall.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Melanoselinium.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Amplexicaulis.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Heuchera berry.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tawny King.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    9 years ago

Oh, how beautiful! I'm looking forward to viewing the video some time this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

I just viewed the video, thank you Philip I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Annette

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi thyme2dig,
    Delighted you intend viewing the video and you will enjoy it,..there are 116 pictures in there?,..have a coffee break while viewing.

=================================================

Hi Annette,
    Great to see you enjoyed the video,..i have viewed it myself twice after making it and enjoyed the tour,..during the making i normally have had enough of viewing and was surprised in this case,..i am still in awe of how much one can change a clear site into a garden of this caliber,..oh the name "Ash Garden",..is down to several Ash Trees on the property.

The original Cottage Door was replaced with a similar half door,..i always liked this type,..lets the air in and keeps out the hens or pets.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    9 years ago

Philip, what a beautiful job with the photography. I thoroughly enjoyed the video. What a great variety of plant material and I like the mix of textures throughout the garden. How big is the garden? It looks like they have some nice views. What a treat it must have been to poke around this interesting garden! Thanks again for sharing!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi thyme2dig,

Very pleased to see you had some time to view the video,..as mentioned it is long though you enjoyed it,..there is a half acre of garden and it has a view of the river at the bottom of the hill,..that picture i posted of the hand water pump is where the well is but of course now connected to the house via a pump,..i envy Elizabeth having well water from a spring source,..no chemicals added makes a nice taste.

Though i made up the video and added the music Elizabeth requested i can not take credit for the photography,..the shots came from Elizabeth and some of her friends.

They have a garden forum,..though i am not a member i keep in touch with some of them,..image this,..they have a meet up in certain Counties each year and this year over 50 turned up,..i wonder what the conversations were about lol.

Bee On Sedum.

• debby_1
    9 years ago

Hello,

In the picture with the time of 19:15 labeled beds, what is the red flower with the purple foliage? I love that one.

Thanks,
    Debby

• SamBigDeer
    9 years ago

Hi, Philip;
    Beautiful work, as usual; I thoroughly enjoyed the video AND the individual pictures.. It has been a while since your last posting, figured you were hibernating for the winter..
    Thank you for the video and pictures!
    Sam(Hank)

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

I watched it too, I agree there is such a variety of plants. Love the dark green half-door. I used to have one on my little barn years ago. Someone is suppose to be building me a new door over the winter and now I wished I had asked for a half-door. darn.

• todancewithwolves
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! I am so envious, in a nice way :-)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry i was unable to respond,..i could not sign in,..tried many times giving correct password but houzz did not accept my email address?.

Philip.
    =================================================================================
    Debby,..i will check the video for that flower you asked about.

Hi Sam,..thank you for the nice comments,..hibernating,..lol how i wish,..i was up to my neck of late then of course houzz would not let me in under glengarry23,..managed to get in tonight but not as glengarry23 so the battle goes onward,..i had some pictures to post tonight but will have to await the return of my member name again,..not at all impressed with the new set up or houzz for that matter.

Hi schoolhouse,..thank you for viewing the video and your nice comments,..ah that half door,..sooo someone is supposed to be building you a new door,..you could always drop a hint lol.

Hi todancewithwolves,..i would love a garden of that size myself,..green with envy myself lol.

Folks here's hoping that houzz can find my email address,..its the same one i have used this past few years in this forum,..if i don't post again you will know houzz failed.

Philip

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets