Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More from Lou

Posted by lou1850ft none (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 21:45

I sure wish I could figure out how to post more than one!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More from Lou

Looking into the garden from the side.

o

This is looking in from the front. I have the tops of the arbors done, now I've got to get the husband working on the gates. Their going to be oramental iron. And I need to build a walk of some sort to the driveway. And last but not least, I've got to build window boxes, last summer the geraniums got so big, they fell off the shelves.

o

Looking towards the front arbor.

o

As you can see the outside needs some work!

o

This is last year at this time. Right now we have more ice.

o

Enchanting. I love your picket fence, too. Thank you for posting all of these lovely photos.
Renee

o

I love your pathways, the way you intermixed the different kinds of blocks and stones. You have done a great job at getting the hardscape done which really shows off your landscape. The garden in front of the gate is quite lovely.

o

lou, that garden is fantastic!

o

Your garden is lovely Lou! It's obvious a lot of hard work has gone into it. Thanks for posting and I look forward to more pics.

o

Amazing! Your gardens are thick and lush and gorgeous - just the way I like them. Love the millstone in the path under your arbor, and your blue tall delphiniums.

o

You are very talented.

o

Such Eye Candy!!! I love it all!!!

o

Lou,

I too love how you mixed the brick-work with river stones (or beach stones?). Very "Cottagey". The paths, your arbors and flowers are just lovely. I wish I could take a stroll and peruse all your flowers and structures.
I really like the beds along the outside of the picket fence. Very traditional and charming.

And you photos of everything are excellent and very artistic. You've created a lovely Cottage Garden.

Congratulations on a lot of work well done.

o

Add me to list of loving the flower beds and picket fence.My fence is getting replaced this summer I have picket-but needs to be painted.Going plastic this time around.

o

Koszta_kid, I had wanted to go plastic too, but we bought the boards for the pickets at an auction for 8 dollars. Couldnt beat the price!

o

Lou - Nice garden! It really complements your house well.

In order to post more than one photo at a time you first have to upload your pictures to a photo hosting website like Picasaweb (which I use) or Photobucket to name a couple. Then you click on the photo, find the code to embed (not link) the photo and do a copy & paste of the code into your post for as many photos as you want. I usually post a medium large size, but you have several choices of how big the photo will appear.

For more detail there's a good FAQ on posting photos (from before there was the single photo upload option at the top of each post or followup) on the New England forum, linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post photos FAQ

o

Lou How long has your paint lasted?? We think the paint we got had been froze. Comes off in sheets. Got 2 pickup loads of street bricks $10 a load.

o

Wow Kosta! Wish I could get bricks that cheap. we buy them at the auction for my veg garden and I used them in the cottage garden, but their hard to come by cheap! We do touch ups on the fence. The worst spot has been where it had been painted in 100 degree sun. It was also coming off in sheets. We use an oil base primer because the wood is cedar.

o

Nhbabs, Thank-you for the advice! Next time I have photos to post I'm going to give it a whirl. Hope fully I'm not too computer dumb to make it work. Thanks for the link too!

o

Beautiful! In the very 1st pic, what's the short blue flower on the left?

o

I want to go to house recycle center they have in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Lot of porch posts. Many houses going down-big flood in 08. 20 feet over flood stage in some places. We got bricks after -they did street work.

o

samhain10, thats (johnsons blue. I think)a geranium. I yanked that plant it was being a bully to my columbines, it self seeds SSSuper easy!

o

Lou I will look for that flower. Want more blue flowers in my bed.Have Red,White and Blue them in my beds . Many USA flags.

o

Thanks for telling me, Lou. Darn! I'm familiar with perennial geraniums, but didn't recognize it as such. They ARE bullies and will take over your entire garden if given the chance! Beautiful when in flower, but afterwards, it almost seems like a waste of time to simply cut out the flowering stalks because the rest of the leaves start looking ragged and ugly, too. I've decided I'm going to start taking the drastic approach of shearing the whole thing down to an inch or so after flowering. By the fall it will look good again and the leaves put on a lovely red display.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here