Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lou1850ft

More from Lou

lou1850ft
11 years ago

I sure wish I could figure out how to post more than one!

Comments (24)

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looking into the garden from the side.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is looking in from the front. I have the tops of the arbors done, now I've got to get the husband working on the gates. Their going to be oramental iron. And I need to build a walk of some sort to the driveway. And last but not least, I've got to build window boxes, last summer the geraniums got so big, they fell off the shelves.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looking towards the front arbor.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

As you can see the outside needs some work!

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is last year at this time. Right now we have more ice.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Enchanting. I love your picket fence, too. Thank you for posting all of these lovely photos.
    Renee

• freezengirl
    11 years ago

I love your pathways, the way you intermixed the different kinds of blocks and stones. You have done a great job at getting the hardscape done which really shows off your landscape. The garden in front of the gate is quite lovely.

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

lou, that garden is fantastic!

• luckygal
    11 years ago

Your garden is lovely Lou! It's obvious a lot of hard work has gone into it. Thanks for posting and I look forward to more pics.

• gottagarden
    11 years ago

Amazing! Your gardens are thick and lush and gorgeous - just the way I like them. Love the millstone in the path under your arbor, and your blue tall delphiniums.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

You are very talented.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Such Eye Candy!!! I love it all!!!

• Annie
    11 years ago

Lou,

I too love how you mixed the brick-work with river stones (or beach stones?). Very "Cottagey". The paths, your arbors and flowers are just lovely. I wish I could take a stroll and peruse all your flowers and structures.
    I really like the beds along the outside of the picket fence. Very traditional and charming.

And you photos of everything are excellent and very artistic. You've created a lovely Cottage Garden.

Congratulations on a lot of work well done.

• koszta_kid
    11 years ago

Add me to list of loving the flower beds and picket fence.My fence is getting replaced this summer I have picket-but needs to be painted.Going plastic this time around.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Koszta_kid, I had wanted to go plastic too, but we bought the boards for the pickets at an auction for 8 dollars. Couldnt beat the price!

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    11 years ago

Lou - Nice garden! It really complements your house well.

In order to post more than one photo at a time you first have to upload your pictures to a photo hosting website like Picasaweb (which I use) or Photobucket to name a couple. Then you click on the photo, find the code to embed (not link) the photo and do a copy & paste of the code into your post for as many photos as you want. I usually post a medium large size, but you have several choices of how big the photo will appear.

For more detail there's a good FAQ on posting photos (from before there was the single photo upload option at the top of each post or followup) on the New England forum, linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post photos FAQ

• koszta_kid
    11 years ago

Lou How long has your paint lasted?? We think the paint we got had been froze. Comes off in sheets. Got 2 pickup loads of street bricks $10 a load.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow Kosta! Wish I could get bricks that cheap. we buy them at the auction for my veg garden and I used them in the cottage garden, but their hard to come by cheap! We do touch ups on the fence. The worst spot has been where it had been painted in 100 degree sun. It was also coming off in sheets. We use an oil base primer because the wood is cedar.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nhbabs, Thank-you for the advice! Next time I have photos to post I'm going to give it a whirl. Hope fully I'm not too computer dumb to make it work. Thanks for the link too!

• samhain10 - 5a
    11 years ago

Beautiful! In the very 1st pic, what's the short blue flower on the left?

• koszta_kid
    11 years ago

I want to go to house recycle center they have in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Lot of porch posts. Many houses going down-big flood in 08. 20 feet over flood stage in some places. We got bricks after -they did street work.

• lou1850ft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

samhain10, thats (johnsons blue. I think)a geranium. I yanked that plant it was being a bully to my columbines, it self seeds SSSuper easy!

• koszta_kid
    11 years ago

Lou I will look for that flower. Want more blue flowers in my bed.Have Red,White and Blue them in my beds . Many USA flags.

• samhain10 - 5a
    11 years ago

Thanks for telling me, Lou. Darn! I'm familiar with perennial geraniums, but didn't recognize it as such. They ARE bullies and will take over your entire garden if given the chance! Beautiful when in flower, but afterwards, it almost seems like a waste of time to simply cut out the flowering stalks because the rest of the leaves start looking ragged and ugly, too. I've decided I'm going to start taking the drastic approach of shearing the whole thing down to an inch or so after flowering. By the fall it will look good again and the leaves put on a lovely red display.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES