Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting Zinnia

Posted by kaylana none (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 22:03

Hi, I was wondering if it's too early to start germinating zinnias from seed. I live in the New England area.... Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting Zinnia

Kaylana - Zinnias grow fast, and it is indeed a lot too early to start them. I've grown hundreds of these each year for market sales, and I always start them 4 weeks before my last frost date. That makes it May 1 for me here in northern Michigan, but I suppose it would be sometime in April for you.

Mid-March is the earliest I start any of the annuals I grow. If you have a bad case of planting fever right now, maybe you should look into the winter sowing forum.

ThinMan

o
RE: Starting Zinnia

Ok tinman.. Thanks. I kinda figured it was too early but I was too anxious :)
As of right now my area is 0 degree all week :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here