Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Look Inside the Shed

organic_kitten
13 years ago

I posted pics on the Daylily forum, but I wanted to show it to you too.

{{gwi:638985}}

I had posted pictures of the shed when it was delivered, and the warm weather has allowed me to begin work inside of it. Some of my out door furniture and birdhouses are in it, and we have put up some of the shelves and the pegboard. I am loving this shed. It is truly my playhouse.

kay

Comments (18)

• natal
    13 years ago

It's so tidy! Looks like you have room for lots more stuff. I have the same butterfly chair except mine's black. I keep it in the yard year round. Bet you could too.

• natal
    13 years ago

Is that a gardening seat in the right front? Does it move easily with you sitting on it? Do you know the brand?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

natal,

yes, there is room for more. I am very pleased with the room. I put doen that tile floor without realizing the gray tubs (potting soil, alfalfa, fertilizer, peat moss, etc...matched it.

The peg board on the wall is really handy too. And you can see the garden seat better here.
    {{gwi:638987}}

That gardening seat and I have spent many, many hours weeding and breaking new ground on as well as planting...Saves the knees.
    The beauty of it is I can adjust the height, and I can (and do) turn it upside down to sit on it. I love that seat!

I got it about 5 or 6 years ago from Gardener's Supply, but they have replaced it with a red or green rolling metal stool. If this one ever breaks down, I will replace it, but I would rather have one like I have than any other one.

I plan to have booth the chair and the bench on the left in the yard permanently, but not until I can attach them to cement...I don't want someone shopping in my yard.

kay

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Looks great. I know what my first project will be this Spring now - clean out the barn and tidy up the contents.

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

That looks wonderful Kay!

• natal
    13 years ago

I just looked at the GS replacement ... I bet it rusts in a NY second! We bought a hose reel made out of the same powder coated steel. It started rusting within a month. I wonder if anyone else sells the one you have now. Looks ideal!

• lily51
    13 years ago

Great shed..looks like you're ready for spring.
    Love those benches, too!

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

Very nice. I think you have pinched my secateurs. Are they Felcos?

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

That is waaaaay too neat. Whose does that shed really belong to. LOL!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Great space and well organized. Sighhhhh, I wish mine looked like yours, in mine I have to step in and over things gingerly and back out with great care.

Annette

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Natal, I sent Garden Supply an email asking if the seat was available, I'll let you know.

Lily, I will place those seats outside, but I need to anchor them when I do.

Flora, Yep they are Felco. I've had them for years, and they are the best!

Plantmaven -good question. If you had seen the greenhouse (bursting with tools and supplies), you would really ask whose the shed was.

Annette, without the ne space I would still be looking for my tools before a project...and doing the "stepover" dance.

I am celebrating with everyone because the shed fulfilled such a need. Poor DH hasn't got a clue yet what a monster this shed has created. I'm looking at the ceiling thinking "Hmmm I need to put up insulation on that...I can always find something I need for "gardening".

Thank you all. It is fun to celebrate good fortune with friends.
    kay

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Kay- Your shed is amazing! How wonderful to have so much space...and it's all so well organized, too. You did a very nice job with the floor.

What a beautiful butterfly bench! My nieces would love that...I'll have to see if I can find something similar for the fairy garden :)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lavender_lass,
    That bench is still available. I googled "garden seat" and it came up a couple of times. I painted it the same green as all the "bones" in my garden, but it comes in a couple of colors.

I found it on Amazon last year by using butterfly bench as my subject.
    kay

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Kay- Thank you! I did find some benches and they're beautiful :)

• natal
    13 years ago

Kay, please do let me know what you hear.

LL, I bought mine through Walmart ... their "Site to Store" service. It's remarkably well made!

Here is a link that might be useful: butterfly chair

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

Nice space and so neat! Enjoy it, my shed is my fun little hide-a-way.

• natal
    13 years ago

Kay, did you ever get a response from Gardener's Supply?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did not get a word from them...I am assuming they are pushing the metal roll-around scooter thing which would not serve my purposes nearly so well. I wonder if you could pick one up on ebay or Craig's list?
    kay

Sponsored