Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Our porch is done...and the rose is just fine! (X-post)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

As many of you know, a truck hit our house and wrecked our porch, last November. We finally got everything finished yesterday...and the rose made it through all the construction :)

Here's a link to the pictures I posted, on the Smaller Homes forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to pictures

Comments (4)

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Congrats LL!!! It looks wonderful. Love the pic of kitty looking out from between the posts. You can almost hear him declaring himself King of the new Porch! ;-D

Glad our weather has been mild enough for you to complete your project and repairs. Looks great! Now all you need are a few nice new roses to flank your nice new porch ;-]
    CMK

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

CMK- Thanks! I already ordered five roses (LOL) for Christmas and birthday presents...just for the new garden :)

Actually, that's Queen of the new porch...she's pretty happy about it, too! I think the kitties missed the porch, almost as much as we did. It's their warm, sunny spot (faces southeast) where they love to lounge, all year round.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident someone had, but the new porch is so welcoming!!! I always loved porches like yours. Wish we had one or a deck at least , but we have a concrete slab thing. But hey, maybe on the spring when we all have flowers we should have a thread showing our porches! I love seeing people's houses and what they dowith them. There is a very charming porch in our neighborhood with perfect Nikko blue hydrangeas all around, two perfectly white adorondak chairs and matching swing. They probably think im a total stalker when I walk by !
    Ll, what roses did you order for spring? I have a handful coming too. It thrills me to to know at a nursery down south , where there still is sun and warmth, there's a few roses growing happily with my name on them! :)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lilyfinch- Hi! I ordered Cottage Rose (David Austin) and Ebb Tide (floribunda) for my birthday...and Ispahan, Celsiana (both damasks) and Queen of Denmark (Alba) for Christmas.

You probably know what all those roses are, but I'm so excited about getting some of the old garden roses. This is my first alba, besides my Madame Plantier (which isn't always classified as an alba).

We got the new porch, because a truck hit our old one (then hit our house) last November, so it's been quite the crazy holiday season. I'm so glad to be done with construction...but I'm really looking forward to putting in the garden. It will be too muddy to do much, until late April, but at least the bulbs should be coming up next month! :)

Oh, and good idea about starting a thread showing everyone's porch, deck or patio. You should definitely do that, this spring...and don't forget to show us your roses, too!

Sponsored