Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Anyone buying seeds yet?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I thought I saw a post about this, but couldn't find it (maybe on another forum). Anyway, has anyone been buying seeds yet? At the store, online orders, etc.?

While I was out shopping, I picked up some sweet pea and morning glory seeds, as well as a few other flowers for the kitchen garden. It's so much fun to mix veggies, flowers, herbs and fruit all together, in one garden :)

I also ordered some seeds from Scheepers...including cleome! White for one area and lavender for another. Also got the emerite pole beans with lavender flowers and purple pole beans with purple flowers. I get these every spring and they're so wonderful! They're beautiful together and then you get green and purple beans, which also turn green, when you cook them.

How about you? Any great finds? Anything you buy every spring? Thanks for sharing :)

Comments (6)

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

This is LATE for me to buy seeds! I need a few more seeds, and am putting in a last herb seed order for the year, but I have made some very large seed orders already this year. I usually order seeds the very first day that they are available (I get so excited waiting for them!!), the only place I generally order through the year is Gardens North, so that I can get the shrub seed I want. Right now I have about 10 little golden leaved 9 bark poking up their little heads from the soil :)

• gardenbear1
    13 years ago

Ive been ordering lots of poppy seeds this year to plant out front it fill in all the bare spots and to have seeds for next years, this is my first try with any kind of seed. I did save seed from my day lilies its a mix of all the ones from the side yard to also go out front

Bear

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

Yes, like girlgroupgirl, seed orders here need to go out before Christams to be sure of getting what you want. I only wanted a few vegetables and they arrived a couple of weeks back. Some are already coming up.

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

I ordered from Diane's Flower Seeds back in December and then from Hazzard's on New Year's Eve to take advantage of their end-of-year free shipping--salvia, Fuji pink balloon flower, Cos Rouge de Hiver (heirloom French Romaine) lettuce, Echinacea Pow Wow Wild Berry, salvia, veronica and eschscholzia/California poppies Thai Silk Appleblossom Bush. Also ordered gaura/wandflower, salvia & blue-eyed grass from Swallowtail in January along with some gorgeous pansies. I set up nearly 60 seed trades but none of the seeds I ordered from vendors was offered for trade so I didn't duplicate anything I bought. Most have already been winter sown but a few will go out closer to spring. It's snowing here again. I'm guessing from what I see out the windows there's another 4-6 inches to add to our 80-inch snowfall total this year.

• tkhooper
    13 years ago

I use the seed exchange and harvest my seeds so I haven't needed to buy in just about forever.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

While shopping at the Rural King store for a nail punch, I had my eye on a pack of blue bachelor buttons. Used to plant bachelor buttons alot years ago. Also Pincushion Flower, do you remember those? They may go by their botanical names now on the packs.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting