Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

May have solved my weeding problem!

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I think I may have solved my weeding problem! Is it really this simple? I think I'm BORED with my berry beds! LOL

My blueberries are on two sides of my kitchen garden and there's nothing in between the bushes, but weeds and some strawberries. All my other garden beds have all kinds of flowers and herbs (even veggies) mixed together, which make them much more interesting. So, is my problem...a lack of interest in my blueberry beds?

So, this year, I'm going to plant a bunch of stuff all around my blueberry bushes. I'm thinking coneflowers, rudbeckia, salvias, strawberries, alyssum, maybe some zinnias, stock, cosmos, etc. I'd like to use mostly perennials, but annuals in front would make a nice display, too.

Any other ideas? I don't put any acid in my soil and the blueberries have done well. I don't really care if they produce tons of fruit, because I have over a dozen bushes. I just wanted a nice bush, with berries, that I can eat (or share with the birds) but I don't have to worry, if the nieces and nephews pick one and pop it in their little mouths, when I'm not looking!

I feel so much better! More flowers in the garden...and hopefully it will be more fun to work in those beds now, too :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner