Annie
11 years ago

This is a LINK to the post I made in the Rose Gallery Forum:

Here is a link that might be useful: Upper Garden Roses & Irises

Comments (7)

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just some spring images of my Cottage Garden to ward off the wintry blues.
    Hope you enjoy.
    ~Annie

• reneestauffer
    11 years ago

Lovely photos to lift one's spirit during the february doldrums! I agree with the person on the other thread, I love to see the whole vignette, not just the rose. Every year I think about planting roses, and what holds me back is not being sure where to place them.

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

Thank-you Annie! These are a lovely diversion! I can't get out these days, I've gone and messed up my back and hips and for now there is now walking & little bending. It's the time to "get things done" like prune my roses...so instead I can simply enjoy the beauty of yours. They look lovely.
    I hope the drought ends gently for you this year.

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Make sure to CLICK on all my Photo Thumbnails to enlarge the images.

Thank you both so much for taking the tour.
    I appreciate having gardeners like all of you to share it with - you can appreciate what it takes to create a garden, especially in adverse conditions. .

Speaking of our drought
    - We have had three snowfalls this month! Nice wet snow. Not deep, mind you, but we will take it! That helps so much. We've had rain, glorious rain, too. We've had Thunder snow and now Thunder Ice. Weird as heck! There was thunder and lightening all last night and today we are iced-under. :) It's dreadful, but it's wet!
    My animals went bonkers - it's been so long since we've had these conditions, that the younger ones have never experienced it, and the older ones were hoping it would never happen again. SCARY!!! (lol)

The north-western part of the state is SNOWED UNDER and the southwestern part of the state is getting a lot of rain.

Everywhere you go it is all the conversation by everyone::
    THE DROUGHT and how happy to have this WET stuff.

I don't like these dark, cold, dismal days of winter, but SO GLAD for the much needed moisture.

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone who looked at my post and left such nice comments. I truely appreciate it.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

So beautiful. I love it when you post pictures of your garden, Annie.

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, sweetie.

And I love your ID name - hose nemesis. Ha Ha Ha!

I still hope to get "home" someday, and when I do, I will contact you before I leave and we'll hook up for a day. That would be so fun! The next company trip my DH makes to Mexico, I will come too. From San Diego, I can get someone in the family to come fetch me at the airport. He is usually in Mexico for several days, so that would be great. No way I'm going to rent a car and drive. It has changed too much. I'd get lost! Would love to see your place and show you where I was born and raised too.

~Annie

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths