Upper Garden Roses and Irises

Posted by sweetannie4u midOK_z6b/7a (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 18:32

This is a LINK to the post I made in the Rose Gallery Forum:

Here is a link that might be useful: Upper Garden Roses & Irises

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upper Garden Roses and Irises

Just some spring images of my Cottage Garden to ward off the wintry blues.
Hope you enjoy.
~Annie

o

Lovely photos to lift one's spirit during the february doldrums! I agree with the person on the other thread, I love to see the whole vignette, not just the rose. Every year I think about planting roses, and what holds me back is not being sure where to place them.

o

Thank-you Annie! These are a lovely diversion! I can't get out these days, I've gone and messed up my back and hips and for now there is now walking & little bending. It's the time to "get things done" like prune my roses...so instead I can simply enjoy the beauty of yours. They look lovely.
I hope the drought ends gently for you this year.

o

Make sure to CLICK on all my Photo Thumbnails to enlarge the images.

Thank you both so much for taking the tour.
I appreciate having gardeners like all of you to share it with - you can appreciate what it takes to create a garden, especially in adverse conditions. .

Speaking of our drought
- We have had three snowfalls this month! Nice wet snow. Not deep, mind you, but we will take it! That helps so much. We've had rain, glorious rain, too. We've had Thunder snow and now Thunder Ice. Weird as heck! There was thunder and lightening all last night and today we are iced-under. :) It's dreadful, but it's wet!
My animals went bonkers - it's been so long since we've had these conditions, that the younger ones have never experienced it, and the older ones were hoping it would never happen again. SCARY!!! (lol)

The north-western part of the state is SNOWED UNDER and the southwestern part of the state is getting a lot of rain.

Everywhere you go it is all the conversation by everyone::
THE DROUGHT and how happy to have this WET stuff.

I don't like these dark, cold, dismal days of winter, but SO GLAD for the much needed moisture.

o

Thanks everyone who looked at my post and left such nice comments. I truely appreciate it.

o

So beautiful. I love it when you post pictures of your garden, Annie.

o

Thanks, sweetie.

And I love your ID name - hose nemesis. Ha Ha Ha!

I still hope to get "home" someday, and when I do, I will contact you before I leave and we'll hook up for a day. That would be so fun! The next company trip my DH makes to Mexico, I will come too. From San Diego, I can get someone in the family to come fetch me at the airport. He is usually in Mexico for several days, so that would be great. No way I'm going to rent a car and drive. It has changed too much. I'd get lost! Would love to see your place and show you where I was born and raised too.

~Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here