Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to re-pot prickly or thorny plants the easy way

Posted by sweetannie4u midOK_z6b/7a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 2:41

It's almost that time again!

Time to haul all those potted plants back outside.

When you do, it's more than likely that you may need to re-pot them into bigger pots with fresh soil.

Here's a trick I found at All Things Plants (which I subscribe to via email), that I thought I would share with you.

This method really helps when re-potting those stickery plants like cacti, large aloes, roses, agave, bromeliads and other prickly or thorny plants.

This method is also ideal for re-potting all other plants, too.

See LINK below

Here is a link that might be useful: Thorny-Re-Potting-Chores

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to re-pot prickly or thorny plants the easy way

I like that idea for re-potting in general. Maybe I can actually remember it the next time I need it. In fact, I have a begonia in the basement that I could re-pot right now ...

TM

o

It is a great idea, isn't it?

o

I quite often repot this way especially larger plants saves a lot of hassle, for smaller plants cactus and such I make collars out of newspaper long enough it goes around the cactus plus enough to hang on to. Kitchen tongs work good too :).

Annette

o

Annette,
The paper collar is a very clever idea for handling small cacti.

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here