Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

New Roses!

Annie
13 years ago

Today I bought: Blue Girl, (Cl)Pink Don Juan, and Broadway.

I also bought for my son's birthday gift: Sunflare, Paradise and Queen Elizabeth.

The Don Juan and Q. Eliz. I am familiar with, but don't know anything about the others. Does anyone grow them and what can you tell me about them?

Comments (5)

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Sunflare is a gorgeous bushy yellow rose. I really love it (I do not grow it, but I love it in others gardens).

I decided instead of buying new roses this year my project will be to attempt to mass propagate those I have and love. I still have rose envy though :)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Annie,
    I can't help with the other roses either. Are your roses all leafing out and growing. (Not the new ones, the ones you already had.
    kay

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kay,
    Yes, my roses are leafing out. Why?

I looked up Rosa, Paradise. It is VERY fragrant and very disease resistant. No problems with Black Spot. Blooms all season. Sounds awesome! It sure is a beautiful rose!

BTW,
    Those of you whom I promised a start of the Ispahan rose, please send me and email and your address. I have three ready to mail. Two of them bloomed last year. Maybe they will bloom for you this spring. It will take a couple of years for them to get established and really start to put on lots of blooms. The blooms were small at first, but now they are big and fully cupped. The most fragrant rose of all. Mama calls them Cabbage Roses because they look like big pink cabbage heads. :)

Also, I think Christin was promised some starts of my Blue Phlox ground cover. I have several of those up now and I can send them along with the Rose, Christin.

Please let me know. They need to go out now so you can get them planted before Spring arrives in your areas.

~Annie

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

Hi Annie! Oh I would love some of the Phlox. It is still a bit early to plant here, but I think I can keep them going in the house until then! Tulips are poppin' up in the front so hopefully spring is truly on the way- I am done with winter!!

Did the pink honeysuckle shrub cuttings I sent you root?? Did you need any more?
    CMK

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Christin,
    The honeysuckle didn't root. I think I would need a long runner of it to lay horizontally in the soil and then it still might not root, so don't worry about it, sweetie. I can just look at your photos and enjoy yours. :)

Our weather is in total flux! We have a week of very warm spring weather and then one day of cold, then back to warm for two or three days and then another cold day or two. WHAT!??? Crazy!

Despite this, many seedlings are up and everything is greening and budding and looking like early spring. The willows have those darling little green leaves that I love and today my Jane Magnolia buds began to open. There are yellow and white Daffodils and lots of Jonquils all blooming. I think all will be okay as long as we don't get one of the killer Arctic fronts that plunges the temps down into coldest hell!

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs and hoping fate is kind to us this year. ~Annie

Sponsored