Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Annie's Annuals & Perennials -Spring Catalog 2013

Annie
11 years ago

It is marvelous!

I love how she shows you a fabulously gorgeous flower bed, and then shows you EVERY plant that went into making it look like that., all of which she offers. How great is that?

If you don't already know about her, or even if you do, CHECK out her online site for Spring 2013, and sign up for her mailing list and catalogs. I always look forward to their arrival.

The 2013 Spring Catalog is the best one ever!

~Annie
(The OTHER Annie)

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Annuals & Perennials website

Comments (11)

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Catalog = beautiful; plant offerings = unique; garden pictures = charming; shipping charges = ridiculous (unfortunately).

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Shipping charges = bad?

Hmmm...I never get that far. :)

I just look. No mun - no fun.

Most of the plants are not in my growing zone. Would have to grow them as annuals here.

But I love looking!

• jaynine
    11 years ago

I agree...it has to be one of the nicest catalogs out there. Love the cover!

• lola-lemon
    11 years ago

Oh you are baaaaaddd!!! I've gone way off the deep end (again) buying more roses than i have room for-- so I told myself I would stick to a fixed plan on the rock garden.
    Then I go see this at Annies:

Which will be perfect somewhere in my rock garden. (And dead by November, sadly). errrrmmm.

Still, I love the enabling.

Thanks for the link.

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, wow! That is gorgeous! Unique!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Made an atrocious want list...scared to look at shipping, since I know how bad it usually is from California; which doesn't stop me from buying roses. We'll see. Boy, she has some unique beauties, doesn't she? n Thanks Annie...I think.
    kay

• Annie_Hayes
    11 years ago

So glad to hear you enjoyed the 2013 catalog - and thank you for your kind words!! In case you are wondering why the shipping charges to the East Coast seem so expensive, is well, because it IS expensive to ship live plants all the way across the country via 2nd day air. Our plants are grown in 4" containers (as opposed to the 2" sized containers many mail-order nurseries use) and arrive at your door robust and well leafed out with a fat and happy root system. They very much dislike being in a dark box for any longer than a couple of days. We have extensively tested shipping via ground delivery and other methods and have determined that 2nd day air to the East Coast is absolutely the best way to transport our plants so they arrive in excellent and disappointment free condition. We renegotiate our shipping costs with our vendors annually in an effort to keep our shipping rates as low as possible and very often the actual cost of shipping plants to Eastern states exceeds what we charge the customer.ÃÂ

Thanks for your feedback, we couldn't improve without it.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

So funny that Annie wrote this, and I logged on and saw it right after I ordered 7 plants. and yes, the shipping is more than the plants, but I did already know shipping is atrocious, and I bit the bullet to get plants I can't get locally.

I'll let you know how it goes. And Sweetannie, thanks for the tiip on these.
    kay

• Annie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Annie Hayes,

Thanks for coming on my topic and 'splainin' things to everyone.
    With the cost of shipping skyrocketing these days, the cost of water in California and the terrible droughts out there, we know it must be extremely difficult to keep things going. I appreciate all your hard work and diligence, It's amazing!

As I mentioned in my email to you, you are ALWAYS welcome to come join us here on the Cottage Garden Forum. I know you have a lot to do, but you have so much that you could offer in the way of experience in growing Western flowers and plants. I for one would appreciate your advice and help in growing them and keeping them healthy..

Thanks so much.

sweetannie4u
    ~The Other Annie

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Hmmm...I shall have to go check it out! Ive been on her site a few times but I get so overwhelmed with the immense variety of plants (especially the ones I know nothing about). Up until now ive focused on roses, but im learning that I really am drawn to the look of cottage sytle gardens, with roses as the centerpieces. I just dont know what half the plants are called LOL! Ive broadend my horizins and started adding the basics...clematis, daisy, coneflower, and I've gone iris crazy recently :)

I think Ill lurk around after work tonight and see what draws me in :)

Tammy

• ilovemyroses
    11 years ago

I've got a big want list as well. Shipping to Texas ain't cheap either. But I suppose it just that way. There are so many that encompass my zone, say they are indestructible, yet I've never heard or seen them. I suppose I'll take a few chances, trying to keep it reasonable tho. Roses are so much easier than this vast array of perennials, but my semi-monoculture has got to expand. Really love the campanulas. All things blue!! Love the self seeders and multipliers too. Mmmmmmm. Better than a candy store!!

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor