Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharing with Annette (Aftermidnight)

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 9:59

Annette, one of the daylily seedlings from you seeds, is spiking.

I'm so eagerly waiting to see the blooms.

Thanks for all this, my friend :-)

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharing with Annette (Aftermidnight)

Your most welcome Xuan, I feel like an expectant grandmother waiting for the grand event :).

Annette

o

It's going to be interesting too see what Xuan gets out of the seed I sent her. I don't have any really special daylilies but I gathered seed pods from these daylilies, we know who the moms are but only the bees know who poppa is :).

First row, Siloam Prissy, Chicago Apache,
Second row, Little Greenie, Ury Winniford,
Third row, Hamlet, Siloam Merle Kent,

Fingers crossed there will be at least one or two keepers in the lot.

Annette

o

How exciting to know your daylily offspring will be growing in Vietnam. Good luck Xuan, the plant sure looks healthy.

o

I'm so excited for this. I have survisors from 5 out of these 6, Annette. I did have name tags for them, too, but... the ink faded, so I'm now in the dark :-(

Thanks for the photos. I've clipped your post to compare blooms when they open.

Xuan

o

Xuan, how long has it taken to get a flower from seed? I've never tried daylilies from seed before. I hope you'll post a follow-up when it opens up!

o

thyme: I got the seeds from Annette around end of 2008. I sow the seeds following the method "Daylilies on the rock" and got very good germination soon after that.

I should have planted the seedlings out to the garden in Summer 2009 but I was reluctant to do so as the seedlings looked small. Then I waited until Summer 2010 and now one of the seedlings is scaping.

By my calculation, it all takes around 2.5 years for first blooms in my weather, which is constantly around 80oF year round.

I sure will update with photos when the buds open.

Xuan

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 5:29

Wow! This will be fun to watch. Nice to see you Xuan :)

MeMo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here