Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Spring is Sloooowly Arriving Pics

organic_kitten
11 years ago

In spite of up and down temps, it seems as if spring is just about here. The tulips are blooming along with daffs.

{{gwi:643145}}

{{gwi:643146}}

{{gwi:643147}}

and the tulip tree is pretty in spite of being bitten by several freezes:

{{gwi:643148}}

The pansies have bloomed all winter:

{{gwi:643149}}

Take heart. Spring is on its way,

kay

Comments (5)

• luckygal
    11 years ago

Very pretty! TFS Our spring is slow as we've just had another 1/2" of snow overnight. It's coming tho!

• dg
    11 years ago

NIce! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Deb

• auntyara
    11 years ago

thanks for sharing!
    your flowers look beautiful.
    we're still buried under the white stuff.
    :) Laura

• Annie
    11 years ago

Oh...Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!

Your tulips are very pretty. I "had" the orange and red striped ones (voles ate em), then had some pink frilly ones last year (squirrels ate em), but what are the ones in the first picture - the Burgundy and White?

My Tulip tree is just beginning to bloom - one partially opened bud, enough I could smell it (yummmm).
    Have jonquils and daffodils of various types blooming.

I really like your daffs with the 'orange sherbet' trumpets.
    So pretty! They look good enough to eat! What are they called?
    I really adore that colour combo.

My newest variety is 'Professor Einstein' that I planted two years ago. They bloomed last year. They are up, but not blooming yet. All the daffs are coming on in staggered blooms this year. Strange.

My tulips are balking - being hesitant to bloom, and probably a good thing. Our weather hasn't settled yet. Had three weeks of 65-80 degree day temps - the green grass so tall it needs to be mown, the spring bulbs blooming and trees leafing out. There are White Bridle's Wreath Spirea, Pink Flowering Almond, deep yellow and pale yellow Forsythias and Coral quinces are all blooming. I love it in Spring when everything wakes up from Winter's slumber and there are all the glorious colours of the rainbow, all at once!

If the weatherman is accurate, these will all be spoiled i the next few says, including my apricot and peach trees. We're going to get frosty, wintry nights (29-32 degrees) and early spring daytime temps (45-60) degrees for at least for the next week. Don't you just love it when old man Winter won't let go his hold on the weather?

Yours are just lovely and I can look upon your garden and dream until it finally arrives here.

Thank you for sharing Kiddo.
    ~Annie

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all for looking. Snow is very scarce here, but we are getting round of miserable weather...sleet and freeze tonight. Annie, my bridal wreath is ready to bloom and I know this cold will ruin it. But maybe it won't be as cold as they predict. (It wasn't last night.)

Annie, the yellow with the red flames are "Banja Luka"

The white with the maroon stripe are "Rems Favorite".

Tulips are pretty much an annual here, but I love them and plant them every year.

These pretty bright red ones are "Come Back Red" (from Brent and Becky's bulbs.) This is their third year:

{{gwi:643150}}

Momma Cat, the one in the picture is a pretty good vole killer. I love that about her, as they are my Enemy #1.

kay

Sponsored
WM Design Studio, LLC.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudoun County's Skilled Residential Architect | 4X Best of Houzz!