Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Merry Christmas!

Oh wait no...happy third day after the start of spring, LOL! Ya' certainly can't tell the difference here!

I woke up this morning and we have nearly two inches of snow!! Ugg. Why is it the rest of the country is getting such strange, warm, wonderful weather and we get snow?!?! It isn't FAIR. LOL, excuse me, had to do a bit of whining ;-)

CMK

Comments (9)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

No it sure isn't fair, we didn't get snow but the temps are in the basement. The forecast for the overnight low was -4 Celsius, I don't know if it made it down that low but it sure feels like it did. One long range forecast I read said we were going to have a decent summer so does that mean those that are having warm balmy temps now are going to fry this summer, I sure hope not.

Annette

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

It's crazy! Here's a picture from yesterday...but there's more snow today!
    {{gwi:83915}}From Lavender's Garden

At least we'll have plenty of moisture, when we do finally have spring :)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Well that just stinks that you aren't getting this amazing sunny warm (78*) weather out your way. There's a clear blue sky above and a soft breeze blowing. I'm sitting here in shorts & t-shirt with windows open. I'd have bought pansies on my way home from running errands but they didn't have the colors I was looking for. A third of my winter sown milk jugs have sprouts in them. I opened all the sprouted containers and set them in the sun. Looks like 100% germination in the majority of them.

I sure hope this doesn't mean we're in for a scorching, hot, parched summer.

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Oh, my goodness, I can't believe this late in the year, I don't blame you for whining! Our spring here in Dallas/Ft Worth came MUCH too early with warm springlike weather. This week we have had over 4" of rain, which should help the drought conditions a lot. Rained again today, we'll take all we can get but my yard is a muddy mess...

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am not sure what the heck it is trying to do out there now. It is "slushing" as I call it, a rain/snow mix, LOL. It is supposed to warm up and be somewhat sunny tomorrow. Crossing my fingers on that one!

-Annette, that sure doesn't sound nice! Hope none of your plants suffered from the sudden cold snap...

-LL, very true! We had so little snow early on that I suppose this does make up for it. Anything sprouting for you yet?

-Eileen, LOL! Way to go making me even more envious! Not only are you staying warm, but you are getting an early spring tan while you are at it!! ;-)

-ogrose, thanks for commiserating with me. Good you guys got some refreshing rain!
    CMK

• User
    12 years ago

It has been crazy warm here in AL. The dogwoods and azaleas have never been as beautiful as this year. My roses are all in bloom at the same time as are some of the camellias...just weird. The pool is ready and I am going to jump in any day now. I tried on March 15th..but it was 68... yikes !! Only lasted one lap LOL.

Here is a pic of the azaleas....vibrant !

{{gwi:643212}}

I couldn't deal with snow...you guys are very brave ! c

• roseberri, z6
    12 years ago

CMK, while we have all enjoyed our weather, most of us know it may come at a price! All our plants have come out way too soon, and those that live in the colder zones have a nagging fear about what will happen should we get some more cold and freezing weather as is normal until May here!
    roseberri

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

Yep, all my flowering shrubs, trees and bulbs are blooming at the same time. They are all amazingly lush and full this year, but really, the flowering quince and forsythia just does not look good next to the purple azaleas which are 4-6 weeks early. The Virburnums are in bloom as are the cherry trees, dogwoods, and crabapples-they never all bloom at the same time! The hostas are already coming up and some are almost fully opened. If this continues over a period of years, I am going to have to move things around-colors were planned to be viewed in a rolling sequence. That certainly isn't happening this year. Of course, it does offer me the opportunity to get myself off to the nursery to buy new shrubs and move those quince and forsythia this year! ;)

As much as I love snow,I am sorry some of you are dealing with it now!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

TRAILRUNNER,
    I love your house,especially the porch and those azaleas are just the icing on the cake.BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    TFS
    Kathi