Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tulips Blooming!

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 11:27

We had a good rain, and the tulips are opening.

I love this color:
Photobucket

A few of the hyacinths and tulips are blooming in the daylily/butterfly/cottage garden:

Photobucket

I love pink tulips, but you can see some of the Queen of the Night are beginning to peek up behind these pink ones.

Photobucket

This is the new "Old Garden Rose" rose garden, and it has peonies, foxgloves, lavender, and clematis planted there as well.
Photobucket

Don't you just love Spring?
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tulips Blooming!

Yes, I love Spring only wish it would get HERE. Your pink tulips are a very pretty shade.

o

Oh yay!! This gives so much hope to us in the lower zones, that things WILL bloom here eventually too. That purple tulip of yours is very nice. Every year I tell myself I need to pick out a purple one and never do. ;-*
Like that you mark all of your plants. I try and commit names to memory, but for the life of me I can't keep all my ferns straight! Yours look very long lasting and well made...might have to try some similar ones out.

I love the Queen of Nights too. They are such late bloomers that one can even plant some early blooming perennials with them. I have mine with a bright orange 'Fireball' Geum and like the combo a lot.
Thanks for the Happy Pics ;-)
CMK

o

Love the darker color on that first tulip and the softer pink ones are stunners too. And I see your roses are all leafed out, mine are just winter sticks yet. Need to start on my spring rose pruning hopefully soon. If you want your roses to grow stronger thicker stems, prune them down some now, if not just leave them. However, you should start spraying and continue every two weeks NOW if you want totally blacksot free roses.

o

Pretty! Wish they were not a one time thing here.

o

schoolhouse and cristenmk, I planted the Queen of that Night after someone on this forum said they were camee back several years for her. (Was that either of you?)

Rita, I love the purples too, and have a couple of shades of purple and a couple of shades of pink as well as the Queen of the Night planted. I also have red and yellow in one (front most) bed. (Lilies and shastas grow there).
These little roses are newbies and I haven't trimmed them yet, but I have trimmed the other roses. (Of couse I don't have hundreds like you do).
kay

o

I have Queen of Night, but don't recall a conversation with you about them. Mine have come up and bloomed probably 3yrs., after all the snow and ice of this winter I hope they come back a 4th.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here