Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

beautiful porch and cottage garden

girlgroupgirl
13 years ago

I thought you might enjoy seeing this page. I was looking up porch trellising/screening for some client ideas, and came up with this beautiful pink porch and matching cottage garden.

Right now this form is not allowing me to put links at the bottom, so I'm going to try and put them in the text for you,

but if that does not work, look up front-porch-ideas-and-more.com/vintage-porch and then dot html

The porch doesn't appear to be attached to a house which is even more interesting...but I love the flags and it's integration into the garden (hard to see from these photos, but was apparent on Google.)

http://www.front-porch-ideas-and-more.com/vintage-porch.html

Comments (10)

• natal
    13 years ago

Right now this form is not allowing me to put links at the bottom...

When you start a thread you have to view your post in Preview before you're given the option of inserting a link.

• User
    13 years ago

Here it is. There are some beautiful ideas on that site. Thanks GGG !

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Porch

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

So pretty. I have two old porch columns that used to hold up the front porch until they got too bad to keep painted any longer; so I bought some new ones. Now the new ones are cracking and paint won't stay on them, I have an idea to just buy vinyl (cringe!); then I would have four old wooden porch columns and I could make something like a detached porch with them. Someone here on Cott.Garden posted photos of their porch that wasn't attached to the house but sat some distance away. I loved it.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

That other detached porch would it have been Mary Lu's? Maybe she could post another picture of it, it was really cute.

Annette

• mary_lu_gw
    13 years ago

Annette, yup you remembered right. We do have a porch without a house and we love it. Wish it was spring and we could sit in it right now!
    {{gwi:643779}}
    This picture was taken in 2008, but it looked just the same a few weeks ago. At least the snow is melting quickly now and hopefully spring will soon be here!
    {{gwi:643780}}

• armyyife
    13 years ago

Oh that is too sweet GGG! Love it! I have a magazine that has porches like that with lots of fabric and pillows and stuff and I wonder though how on earth do they keep it all looking so nice? ~Meghan

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

That's it for sure, Mary Lu. My favorite.

Meghan, the only way to keep the pillows and fabric clean and looking nice is to drag them out in nice weather, scramble out to bring them in if the sky looks like rain, drag them back out again,ect.,ect. I know, I've done it for years.

But there are those days when the sun shines until dusk, and you enjoy sitting on a soft cushion in your wicker chair and resting a sore gardening back on pillows. I know, I've done it for years. Altho, I must admit my vintage tablecloth collection doesn't get as much use these days as I don't seem to have the time to set an outdoor breakfast or lunch table anymore. A shame, because it's one of my guilty pleasures esp. in the Spring and warm September days.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

This time change has affected me, I'm repeating myself "I know, I've done it for years". I thought I typed that line, but when I hit preview I didn't see it. Now, I see both of them. :) :) :)

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

GGG- That porch is beautiful! So is Mary Lu's...I really need a porch.

Schoolhouse- You should sit on your pretty cushions, relaxing on your porch...and drink your tea! :)

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOVE all this, inspiring!!!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES