Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Library display

Posted by natalie4b (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 11:41

I am so thrilled to report my local library asked me to help them with a Garden Theme Display. They want to use photos of my garden and write what I love about gardening.
Just wanted to share with my fellow CGs.
Who knows, I might inspire someone, and maybe they will catch a gardening "bug" from me.
~Natalie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Library display

That is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad your local library is closely involved with it's patrons.

o

These people are truly wonderful! I always bring them whatever flowers are in bloom at the time in a garden - they enjoy and appreciate them, and I am happy to share.

o

Ah, well I don't bring the librarians flowers. Our library is more of a glorified computer lab...

o

Our library (and our bank) are the same way! Do you live in a small town?

Congratulations and have fun with the garden theme display! :)

o

I live in suburbs of Atlanta, and our town (Roswell) is close to a 100 thousand population.
You can check your books out electronically, and there are several "live" librarians also offering their help.
They are very friendly, nice, helpful, and remember my name. And it was this way before I started bringing them flowers. :)

Another place I bring flowers to is my Karate school. Beside that, I have built a flower garden there - the grounds were kind of run down and un-kept, and now it is beautiful - I planted rose bushes, Camellia, Japanese maple, several Azaleas, perennials (got a bunch of divisions from my garden), spring flowering bulbs. It gives me joy to see it every day.

o

Congratulations, what a nice compliment.

o

How Wonderful! I hope we get to see your pics too!!! And maybe a pic of you and your display at the Library!!

o

Natalie, I love the Roswell library - on Warsaw? And love the clever displays they stage. And especially adores the staff - was very happy to find great librarians when I moved from Roswell and now go to the Buford-Sugar Hill location.

Nice honor for you! Please let us know when it will be up.

o

Rosie, I love Roswell branch on Warsaw, too.
They told me the display will be ready in a beginning of April.

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 18:43

Congratulations, what a nice complement!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here