Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A bouquet for you...

Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 26, 11 at 13:03

Raining the proverbial cats and dogs here, but although some of my freesias were damaged in a late frost, I picked a small bouquet before we left on a short Wine Country trip, earlier in the week.

L-R: Purple, yellow and red freesias with blue flowering brunnera 'Jack Frost' flowers, a white ranunculus and the silver foliage of a senecio:
Photobucket

There are more flower photos in two threads in the Gallery of this forum, posted under "March in Northern CA".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A bouquet for you...

Beautiful! What are the orange/red and gold stripey flowers please? Are they also a type of freesia?

o

I ditto ggg, beautiful!!! You really have an eye for arranging the different flowers. We are getting a good dose of the wet stuff too. Thanks for sharing, Judy

o

Mmmmmmmmm freesias, I've only made one feeble attempt at growing them, not a great success:(. Every time I see them for sale I have to bring a bouquet home.

Annette

o

Very pretty. I can't wait until I can gather posies again.

o

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 26, 11 at 22:38

GGG, nice to see your posting and thank you. I'm sure you're really busy planting that additional lot you bought - how is it looking? Post some photos when you get a chance, I always love looking at your combinations and colors.

The vivid orange/red/yellow bloom is indeed a freesia. I have many colors planted, but the yellow is the most prolific and it hybridized with the true red to form this multi-colored freesia.

The purple and white freesias also crossed, I think I posted a photo last year, but here it is again:
Photobucket

o

Woah! I wish I could grow a whole garden of freesia now. Lookit that psychedelic swirl of purple! I love it!!
My garden has not changed at all over the last 3 years (hence, few photos)...I am still awaiting some changes which will HOPEFULLY this year happen slowly over the course of the year (everyone please cross fingers, toes and eyes. I could use it).

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 5:18

Aww..GGG, we can never tire of your lovely gardens no matter if it's the same year to year or not. With all you've done on the other lot I'm sure there are wonderful changes in store!

JKom, I love your beautiful Freesias and I remember pictures Brunnera. I have wanted to add one in my garden ever since I saw it in your photots. Thanks for sharing, we had snow in Nebraska again today but my daylilies are poking through and there are buds on the lilacs. It won't be long now!

MeMo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here