Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crocus here,too

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 13:28

On a cold, windy day, noticed these when I went out for the mail. I'd forgotten all about planting them across the road at the top of the ditch last Fall. I saw some daffodils beginning to come up nearby too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crocus here,too

Yay, spring! I love seeing the crocuses every year. Isn't it fun when something you forgot about pops up like that?

o

Hurray for the first crocus of spring! Those look great. So pretty. The daffodils will look good blooming there also.

o

All my yellow ones are coming up first! Plus some large variety snowdrops have been coming up. Bergenia is blooming too! Aftermidnight has Jasmine and some gorgeous Hellebores!!!

o

I was afraid varmints would eat the bulbs. This Fall I'll try some big yellow ones or yellow with purple stripes. Maybe some little white ones too. In my garden I tend to plant in groups of only three or four and really am not satisfied with the look when they bloom. Time to take advantage of the big box stores clearance racks next time and plant many more in bunches.

o

Now, this is a welcoming surprise any day! What a gift!

o

I've got a few crocus starting as well. You know the shot heard around the world? Well, my screech of delight was heard around the neighborhood yesterday when I saw that my little Iris histroides 'Katherine Hodgkin' (that might be spelled wrong, but I am too lazy to look it up, lol) was in bloom. It is ADORABLE.
CMK

o

christinmk, I had to look those up - so pretty. Another flower to remember to plant this Fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here