{{gwi:644908}}

{{gwi:644909}}

{{gwi:644910}}

Don't you just love spring?

kay

Comments (21)

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Me too, I love seeing your spring blooms seeing how it is too early here for that. Are your tulips and daffodils marked with their names? I didn't mark mine, I just wanted the spring color. Of course, I will be able to tell many of the fancy ones when they bloom from my list of what I ordered.

I love the way you did the violas amoung the stepping stones, great idea. I am still waiting for my violas to come up. Nice to see the Dutch Iris too.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    13 years ago

Boy, is that a sight for sore eyes! We're still buried under three feet of snow.Spring can't get here quick enough for me. Thanks for the great pics!

• carrieburgess3
    13 years ago

Oh Kay, Thank you so much for sharing! This was just what the Doctor ordered!!! So beautiful!!!

A week ago we still had two and a half feet of snow. But we had a major melt the end of last week and now the snow almost gone. My tulips are coming up everywhere but blooms are aways off yet. I can not wait, spring is such an exciting time to be a gardener. I hope my blooms are as beautiful as yours when the finally come.

My English Daisies are in bloom though. I love them, they never stop!

Carrie

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

My SIL and I drove past your place yesterday evening on my way home from two weeks in Mississippi. We were oohing and ahhing- as usual- LOL. Everything looks so pretty Kay!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for looking.

Rita, I ordered these same tulips, now blooming, for the last three years. All I wanted to do was get them planted last year. My Pink Diamond (very light pink) and my Queen of the Night haven't bloomed yet. The yellow and red ones in the bed near the big daylily bed are in bud now.

I saw someone on this forum (Maybe schoolhouse) posted pics with violas between stepping stones last year. I loved the look, so planted some between mine this year. I will do it again.

skibby and carrie, It is so wonderful to see blooms again. I am looking forward to everyone else's photos again.

Beth,
    I'm glad you drove by. we need to get together again, you still haven't actually seen the inside of the shed.

kay

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

A couple from this morning. As you can tell I go for a more higgledy piggeldy look.
    {{gwi:8152}}

Corydalis solida.
    {{gwi:8151}}

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Very pretty, flora.
    kay

• backyardgrown
    13 years ago

Lovely! My tulips and daffs are in full swing right now and are just what I needed after a long snowy winter.

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

SO PRETTY!

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Nice... you two have a lot more color than I do. I got some daffodil
    bulbs free a couple years ago with my blueberry order. This is one
    of them. I like them more yellow, but this is pretty too.

{{gwi:644911}}

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

roper,
    Those are lovely!
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

All the flower pictures are so pretty. Spring is much a great time of year.

I am used to the yellower daffodils too but I really like those pale ones. So pretty.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Ahhh, SPRING!!!! It's raining torrential here....:-(

• scully931
    13 years ago

How beautiful! You're one zone above me so I guess we're next! :-D

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures! Spring is still a few weeks away, but I did see some small daffodil shoots coming up on Sunday! :)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Everything has bloomed much quicker than usual. I have enjoyed all the blooms so much! I had some other tulips to start blooming here, reds and yellows,
    {{gwi:644912}}
    and now the delicate pinks and more purples:

{{gwi:644913}}

My mother always called this "thrift", I have no idea why, but I love to have it bloom in my yard:

{{gwi:644914}}

Even the verbena is blooming:
    {{gwi:644915}}

I set up the china birdbath, and put out the humingbird feeder today. Surely it is spring.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I like the yellow splashed with red tulips and they look especially good with the red ones. I was really noticing the healthy green folliage on your TB Iris, they really, really look good.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rita, Ha! I wish it really were. If you could really see them, you would see I am still fighting the fungus that attacked them two years ago (3rd season) It starts as little brown spots on the leaves, and has a watery look around the brown spots. Eventually it goes down the entire leaf(?). It doesn't seem to effect the bloomings, but it will look worse later in the season.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Wow, I figgured you had the iris problem licked as they sure do look good in the pictures.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rita,
    I will never get it licked. I am resigned to fighting it...kind of like the voles. I have just killed off the last ones, but reinforcements will return. I am afraid to mulch for fear of overlooking them until they have eaten more plants.

One of the roses they killed is not available unless I pay Vintage to custom root it (which I did). They killed three of them! And a butterfly bush. Ah well. It will keep me busy, that's for sure.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

So sorry about your pesky voles. I know they can do great damage.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio