Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

This spring ordering more Clematis From Silver Star Vinery

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Last year I went completely nuts ordering new Clematis from Silver Star Vinery after I discovered their website thanks to Kay. This year, I have not been ordering plants for spring due to my computer being on the fritz. But now I can surf the web again so today I ordered four new clematis vines from Silver Star.

This time I am getting four viticellas. I picked BLUE ANGEL, MIKITE, PURPUREA PLENA ELEGANS and SUNNY SKY.

I was looking at my clematis from last year, plus I cut last years planted viticellas down to the ground like your supposed to do. I see lots of leaf bud swells so I think it should be good and they should really get going this year. One of my viticellas from last year, I see no signs of so I hope it comes back from the roots and is not dead.

Comments (7)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Rita,
    I have a couple coming from Brushwood. I have wanted Omoshira for three years, and Brushwood finally got it back in stock, and I also ordered the memorial for Miguel Viso who was a wonderful, generous person who was a regular poster on the clematis forum who died suddenly.

They are supposed to be here late this month or early next month (I forget). Other than that, I have 5 daylilies, and half a dozen roses coming and that is it!

kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is a good year for not adding as much. At least that is my plan.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

All my new clematises from last year look okay...except the one I bought at a florist/garden center...also bought a yellow jasmine from them and it did nothing either. When I went back and mentioned that the "Radar Love"(Gotta LOVE that name...oh ya, Golden Earring!)wilted and died, she said ya, someone else said that too...then did not bother to speak of a refund or anything...and now the jasmine has not come back...well, it is still early so I better stop right here....but I sure love clematises!!! Bought 7 last yr and i jasmine, 1 virginia creeper, and 3 honeysuckles!!! So I am with ya, Rita, on the not adding much this year...have been looking at a site (15 minute drive away!)that has some certified organic fish compost that I wanna try...even tho it is $75/yard. I do want to get a climbing rose called "joeseph's Coat"! Noticed I have some peonies that didn't do much last year...are poking their heads up!! WhooHoo! Forgot what color they are so they will be a suprise(either pink or red)

• roseberri, z6
    13 years ago

Rita, I hope you will show us many pictures of all your new stuff! your garden is beautiful!
    I also love the Silver Star Vinery and two years ago ordered the Blue Angel from them. It is wonderful! it bloomed the first year I got it and after I pruned it it grew the the top of the arbor and bloomed again. Last year it bloomed almost all summer! I ordered 3 more Viticella type for this year!
    roseberri

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I did go crazy with the new Clematis last year. But last year was a great year for me as far as the cottage garden effect. I planted things I had been wanting for years or wanted to bring back. When I brought back plants that I used to have but died or I lost due to all my garden redos, I put in newer better versions. So I am very anxious for all my plants to start growing this spring.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So I heard back that the clematis will ship April 18th or so. Shouldn't be too difficult to plant them as I only have four. Not like last year when I went completly overboard and ordered so many.

• todancewithwolves
    13 years ago

I'm so jealous ... I love clematis but they do not love me :-(

I hope you post pictures when yours bloom.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH