Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Snowy scene......again.

schoolhouse_gw
13 years ago

I was out walking in it awhile ago, so pretty and not as cold as earlier today; but hopefully this is the last of it.

{{gwi:646679}}

Comments (11)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

So very pretty BUT, nuff's a nuff right? I keep hoping we won't see any more this year and finally, it's slowly warming up a bit around here. Nothings cast in stone tho... just a couple of years ago we woke up to 6 inches of snow on April 17, talk about a shocker.

Annette

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Pretty but we don't need it at the end of March and certainly not in April. Hopefully no more snow this year.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Very pretty but I agree, nuff's a nuff!!

• ianna
    13 years ago

same in my area.. AUGH!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

Coming my way tonight! They're calling for up to a foot. And I was just able to see the tulips peeking out. Hopefully it will melt pretty quickly.

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

A foot of snow?! Oh goodness. Maybe it won't be that much.
    kay

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

I can't wait to get out there, but it keeps snowing and the ground is frozen. Soon, soon . . .

in like a lion, out like a lion

• User
    13 years ago

I think it is beautiful from a distance ! I hope that you get warm sun and blooming flowers sooner rather than later. c

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

This morning:
    {{gwi:646681}}

It sure is a good thing I have a bunch of perennials growing from seed under lights in a room upstairs or I would be going stir crazy!

It's all melting fast so hopefully within a week or two I can start spring clean-up.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Oh WOW, I know just how you feel our winter was so long this year. I'm a little achy right now but it's a good achy knowing we got something accomplished today. We finally got outside this afternoon although it was still a bit breezy, this morning there was a real north wind blowing and although the sun was shining it was too cold to stay out.
    This afternoon with DH's help I got the first real bit of spring clean up done, pruned back the Buddleias, we took the electric hedger to the Russian Lace Vine, gave the winter flowering jasmine a butch haircut and pruned all the dieback off my one of my Hydrangeas.

I noticed the double flowering Lily of the Valley pips I brought home last summer are up where I heeled them in so I'd better get the lead out and move them before they get much bigger. Anyone else love this flower?
    I also have the pink ones but mine are a muddy pink, I had the ones with variegated leaves too but they reverted to plain green so I ripped them out. I don't find Lily of the Valley too invasive in my garden, I love their scent.

The weatherman says we're back to rain tomorrow and the next few days but I'll take that over snow any day.
    Hope your snow disappears quickly and warm sunny days are on the horizon.

Annette

• User
    13 years ago

thyme...wow....more snow....you are going to be SO ready for Spring. c