Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrssims_gw

shipping daylilies

mrssims
13 years ago

This may be one for the daylily forum, but I thought I would check here. I was dividing and transplanting daylilies yesterday and today and discovered several large clumps that have become "infested" with that nasty creepy-crawly grass that tangles up in everything and is impossible to get rid of. I dug them up and sprayed all the dirt and everything off of the roots with a high-pressure nozzle, then patiently disentangled the roots and divided them into single fan plants. This resulted in about 100 new plants... and I do not have room for this many more daylilies, as I have been collecting different cultivars for years and already have way too many. So I am shipping some to my best friend in Atlanta and another good friend in Idaho with the condition that they either pot them up or put them in a separate holding bed for a year to make sure none of the creeping grass tagged along. So....since the roots are completely free of dirt and debris and dried in the sun all afternoon, will they be okay if I just toss them in a box with shredded newspaper and ship them out bare-root? The fans are about 4 in tall right now. Thanks for any help!

Comments (2)

Sponsored