Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

New Rose - Pics

Annie
12 years ago

This is Rosa, Simply Marvelous

It is a Mauve Floribunda: mauve with deep rose tones.

The color lightens a bit as it matures.

The blooms are huge.

1). Rosa, Simply Marvelous

{{gwi:647203}}

2). View of bloom buds

{{gwi:647204}}

3). From a different angle

{{gwi:647209}}

~Annie

Comments (5)

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Making me drool here!!!;-)
    Does it have a scent?

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, it does.
    An old-fashioned Rose fragrance. More intense when it is warm, of course. I first saw it yesterday when the temp here was near 80 degrees. There was a larger pot of it sitting outside of the greenhouse at the nursery and it was nice. He had just set it out a few minutes before I arrived. Today it was not as strong, so I suspect that when the warm weather stabilizes with warmer nights it will produce more oils which will make it stronger.
    The leaves are so shiny and beautiful too, and no thorns!
    It is a very bushy rose and gets tall.
    They feed their roses Jackson & Perkins rose food. The young woman said it was similar to MiracleGrow, but I have never gotten that kind of results using MiracleGrow. I am going to have to order some from J & P! I have never seen such perfect and huge blooms! They feed them all winter and then once a month all summer long.

This rose propagates easily from cuttings. So, I will try to get some more plants going.

I got it for a very low price. Only $12 for a two-gallon pot. I may go back tomorrow and get one more.
    You ought to see the other roses in their greenhouse. They are awesome nurserymen (and women).

I bought 6 fruit trees from them a few days ago. He dug down into each pot he pulled out of the mulch and checked them to make sure there was no winter root damage, insects and etc. He told me all kinds of information about each one, and even showed me a picture of his that he was growing. I got them for $15 each. They are nice big trees, nicely shaped and healthy trunks and branches. The Apricots are already starting to bloom.

As we were lugging the trees out to the truck, we passed some grasses in gallon sized pots. I asked how much and he said, "These? You want these? They haven't been trimmed up yet. Most people don't want to buy them with their fall foliage." I said I did, so how much. He sold them to me for $2.50 each! Beautiful Feather grass for $2.50!!!! Wow!

They are a great nursery.

So nice buying plants from people who KNOW how to grow plants properly.

Anyway, it is one of the most beautiful roses I have ever seen. It is covered in bloom buds.

~Annie

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous! I don't grow roses myself--too lazy--but that tempts even me! I'd go get the second one.

Martha

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did a "sniff test" this morning - it has a super strong, sweet, old-fashioned fragrance!
    I had to keep going back over there and smelling it again and again. Yummy!
    It is Simply Marvelous! :)

• anicee
    12 years ago

Beautiful and I can almost smell them from here... :-)

Anicee

Sponsored