Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threedogsmom

I see new growth!!

threedogsmom
11 years ago

Doing the Happy (early) Spring dance. Yesterday we had snow and sleet, today 53 degrees and melted. March is such a fickle month. A short walk around the garden after work yielded a glimpse of some of the earliest perennials beginning to wake up. I saw daylilies, bleeding hearts, sundrops, new shoots starting on roses, honeysuckle, heuchera, iris, mums, peony shoots, centaurea, phlox, geraniums, centranthus, poppies, sedum, monkshoods, and anemone. Very happy to see signs of life so early, but that puts the pressure on me to do my spring cleanup and get my fencing up around the gardens to keep inquisitive dogs out-we have 4 now so it will be an additional challenge keeping the newest dog out. I would like to move/divide some perennials this spring, and pot up some extra self-seeders for sale at our community yard sale in May. We shall see how it goes. Every spring I have grand plans and every year just end up getting the bare minimum done in time for the explosive growth in May and June.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting