Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Spring, Wonderful Spring!

organic_kitten
13 years ago

I have enjoyed all of the bulbs blooming so much. I was sick of planting in fall, but the payoff has been wonderful!

{{gwi:648154}}

{{gwi:8184}}

{{gwi:648156}}

{{gwi:8182}}

kay

Comments (7)

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

Very nice indeed! What type of Iris are those? Some bulb type right? Such a wonderful shade of blue- they really go well with those pinky daffs.
    CMK

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

The garden looks great and the bulbs are so worth it. Your plantings of tulips alone are just too pretty. I know exactly what you mean about being sick of planting bulbs in the fall but it sure makes one look forward to all those blooms come spring.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I know you do know, Rita,and yours will be blooming soon. It sounds as if you will have a lot more of the dutch iris than I will when yours so bloom.

christinmk, the iris are dutch iris...they are very inexpensive, and give a lot of "bang for the buck." I think 25 bulbs are about $4.25 or so, larger quantites are even cheaper. They are available in a somewhat limited selection of colors, but they are lovely. Thank you for looking.

kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

If anyone is interested in Dutch Iris bubs, I think Scheepers has the best selection of colors. They have lots of them and a mixture of colors too that one can buy. DR bulbs themselves are small and really remind me of onion sets (all my years of veggie gardening are showing).

Kay- Although I planted hundreds of them, the folliage is so fine looking (as in there is not much to it) that it really doesn't look like there are so many. But I hope the blooms have a big impact when they finially bloom.

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

wow, those tulips are just like GLOWING! wow!

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I am not sure which of your tulips I like better. I really love the way you planted the pink and dark purple tulips making a great combo. I usually go for mixes. But last year I did go for individual varieties. Problem is by the time I got to planting them (planted all the mixes in mass first) I was so tired that I just planted them and didn't mark anything. I mixed them all up too I think so I don't have groupings of one solid color.

I like the way you did it in groupings of an indivual color and hope to copy your effect with more tulips this fall.

• backyardgrown
    13 years ago

I know the feeling. I moved about 500 bulbs this fall and planted an additional 200 or so. As if I didn't have enough to do, I also dug up some stuff this spring to transplant into my bulb beds.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living