Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

More iris photos- early bloomers on the AIS Blog

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I posted some photos of early blooming irises on the AIS blog today. If you have any interest, the link is below.

Happy Spring!

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: World of Irises

Comments (11)

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Renee, all I can say is W-O-W!!! Your Iris are amazing, and your garden is absolutely beautiful: I love the lines, the river rocks by your pond, the positioning of plants - just gorgeous!
    I know purple Iris is dominant one, but purple and black are my absolute favorites. So, lets see which will dominate - purple or back (I have started adding Iris to my garden recently).
    Thanks for the pictures - I feel like placing another order through Schreiner's :).

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

The foliage around your pond is wonderfully designed--some forms dramatic, others ethereal, some dwarf, others towering.

• Annie
    12 years ago

Your garden is spectacular!
    I love everything.

OT: I see the Yuban coffee cans that you have the Irises planted in and that reminds me of home -in So. California. My Grannie drank Yuban. :)

Your garden is so neat and tidy. I like the combo of the Pinkish-Red and Blue-Violet irises myself. Stunning!

Wish I could plant my Agaves in the garden and see them grow to full size like yours. I have to keep mine in pots and take them in in the Fall here. But, I am glad to have them, just the same - a little bit of home to enjoy in my Oklahoma garden. :)

Everything is picture perfect.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden with us.
    ~Annie

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, fellow gardeners. I'm really looking forward to this year's bloom- I have some new plants that I can't wait to see!
    Renee

• Annie
    12 years ago

Today, I discovered several of my Irises making blooms - it was overnight! I can't wait! They are so beautiful, but I also adore their fragrances.

Please post when your new ones open.

~Annie

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Renee, each time you post photos I drool and wish I lived in California so I could see your garden regularly. Your garden is so inspiring and always gorgeous. Some day you may just see me standing on your doorstep begging for a tour! LOL!!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Other people want to go on tours of the world; we want to go on tours of each other's gardens!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Everyone at work is talking about the lottery and saying what they would do if they won. They can't believe I would quit my job, pack up my family, buy a motorhome and go across country to visit all your gardens! There are so many place I'd love to visit and what an extra treat if there is a GW friend's garden along the way. A person can dream, can't they?!!

• jessaka
    12 years ago

What a beautiful yard. I like how wild it looks.

• Annie
    12 years ago

thyme2dig,

That is a great idea! What an adventure that would be!
    Make sure you take a gun along - some people on here are crazy as hell!

• Annie
    12 years ago

APRIL FOOLS!

Sponsored