Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got Two Roses From Chamblees Today

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 22:09

They looked very healthy, but they are siting in the shed since it is supposed to be close to freezing tonight, if not dead on. I am sick of this cold in March. We are supposed to be at least 25 degrees warmer, but I'm sure I will wish for the cool soon.

Anyway, I got Loretta Lynn, lovely peachy pink with some deep gold tones, and Wild Blue Yonder. The own roots (HTs) generally do well here, whereas the grafted ones tend to run out of "steam" after 15 or so years.

I love Wild blue Yonder and have two grafted one, but they had a fair amount of cane die back this year, so I am hedging my bets with an own root.

Wild Blue Yonder photo IMG_0090.jpg

It smells good too. My plants from Annie's Annuals should be here tomorrow.

I'm making progress in my weeding, but still have quite a way to go.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got Two Roses From Chamblees Today

I love Wild Blue Yonder! It was one of the prettiest roses I saw at Descanso Gardens. Nice choices.
Renee

o

Wonderful choice, Kay! Spring is coming - it WILL BE here soon . It better be!!!

o

Thanks so much. Renee, I have had my other Wild Blue Yonder roses for about eight years now. It is one that I really love, and one of two where I bought two. (Midnight blue is the other one...see a pattern here? Most of my roses are Old Garden roses, but I have to have a few HTs and shrubs.

Thanks Natalie, I surely hope spring is almost here. I'm tired of the (unusual for here in March) freezes. Today is supposed to be a good day to work in the yard, so I will be weeding, but also digging holes for roses.
kay

o

Beautiful.

o

After two weeks of beautiful 70+ temps, Everything popped into bloom and Easter Sunday was perfect.
The next day - BOOM! Temps dropped back into March temps with 40-41 degrees F. for daytime highs and 30s at night. Weird. So far, no freezes here, but they got snow up in the Panhandle area.
It has rained continually over the past three days. That is the good part. We can use the water!
It has been chilly, dark as dusk, and very, very soggy...that's the bad part.

I need a break from all the gloom and chill.
I am so wanting to plant my tomatoes!

Beautiful roses there Kay.
I've seen pictures of both roses you ordered.
Can't wait to see pics of them growing in your Cottage Garden!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here