Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

The Garden is Beginning to Bloom

organic_kitten
13 years ago

Some of the plants that bloom all summer are blooming now, not just the gorgeous spring flings.

Honeysuckle:

{{gwi:650309}}

Verbena:

{{gwi:650311}}

Roses:

{{gwi:650313}}

Of course, Iris are part of the spring Fling:

{{gwi:650315}}

kay

Comments (10)

• ripley529
    13 years ago

So pretty, thanks for sharing! Especially enjoy the picture of your roses. Makes you want to cup them in your hands and smell them :)

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Kay, your garden is always a delight and so pretty. I love honeysuckles myself also, I have lots of both the trumpet and regular flowered ones all over the yard. That is a lovely rose and your iris are always beautiful.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Rita,

I'm hoping Jean has an idea what the rose is. Even the yarrow is already blooming. I guess summer is fast on the way here.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

My yarrow is just coming up afew inches and there's not much too it yet. I did see yarrow in bloom already that was for sale at a local nursery.

That rose is such a lovely pink color and a really pretty form.

Potted Roses are for sale already at the local nurseries around here. It seems early to me for potted roses.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My roses have already had their first flush. and they were HUGH this year.
    Big Purple:
    {{gwi:650317}}

Tequila Sunrise:
    {{gwi:650318}}

Ladylike:
    {{gwi:650319}}

Abraham Darby:
    {{gwi:650320}}

I had 6 inch blooms...first time ever! Alfalfa, compted Manure, Rose Tone.

The paprika yarrow is all abloom...the penstemon is blooming the guara (butterflies has increased in size and has blooms everywhere.

the zinnias and butterfly bushes are not blooming yet, though. But there is a lot of bloom in the garden.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Kay, the roses are just so very beautiful. Looks like you have the knack for rose growing. I know all the goodies helped, I use alfalfa and Rose Tone myself and compost is the best rose grower I can think of. When I spread compost in the spring the roses just have one flush after another.

But another thing that definately means alot is that the roses are more mature and have had time to develop roots and grow. Means a lot.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

Everything looks so lovely.
    It was 96 here today! Not as refreshing as your garden looks.
    OT My nephew posted a pic. of a drink called Mojito (mo-hee-toh). It looked so good and frosty. Rum, lime, club soda, mint and sugar.
    Daylilies are beginning to bloom.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Ahhhhh, don't cha just love rose time. Mine are busting open everywhere. I think your pink rose looks alot like The Fairy. I have several and love them. Your spring fling iris look gorgeous as always. Luv the verbena too. I bought a pink one thats supposed to be a perennial so we will see. The purple does great here too. I love it too. It all looks great Kay!! Judy

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

It's lovely!! Those irises, in that mixture are really fantastic. I love the mix of the old fashioned types with newer types, and you have so many roses! WOW!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Plantmaven, When it is 96 in April, its time to think of coolers

prettypetals, I do love roses...I keep buying more and more of them.

girlgroupgirl, I have to admit, I never thought of putting the iris in with other plants, but I am about to do just that.
    kay

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus