Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scully931

My garden last summer - Pics

scully931
12 years ago

I always share pictures in the middle of winter. Just never got to it this year. So... here they are now. Hope you enjoy them half as much as I've enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful gardens.

A miniaturized version of my cottage and tropical gardens. I moved into this house five years ago and there were two plants on the whole half acre. It's taken awhile, but about half the land is covered in gardens now.

{{gwi:650442}}

Shed area on a misty morning.

{{gwi:650444}}

I added this fountain last year. Got it on clearance at Home Depot the previous year. (Made a worker crawl over 500 boxes of Christmas trees to get it, poor guy.)

{{gwi:650447}}

Some fairies!

{{gwi:650449}}

Tropical garden.

{{gwi:650451}}

View from my kitchen window when the hibiscus are in bloom.

{{gwi:650452}}

Cottage garden. This was the first garden I ever made here.

{{gwi:650453}}

Comments (9)

• Sandi_W
    12 years ago

scully, It is so pretty. You've done a wonderful job in 5 years. And what a great view from your kitchen window. I just love it!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Lots of work and tender loving care brings beautiful results. Thanks for posting a pic of the fountain in an actual garden. I've always wondered about those and how they fit it. Nice.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    12 years ago

I love it! I especially enjoy your pics since we are form the same area. Your hibiscus are awesome!! Do u cut yours back every spring? I only have one and I do but this may be the last year I can, the trunk is so big I can't really get my loppers around it. Anyway, Its just so beautiful!! Your shed is the perfect shade of green. Don't ever change it!! :)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

I always enjoy others pictures! Is that astilbie on the left of your gorgeous fountain? I have never seen them in "person".

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

I saw your garden pics last night, but was too pooped from work to write anything, lol! But I kept thinking of your lovely garden and wanted to tell you today how much I enjoyed it!

Love the tropical garden. I've ALWAYS wanted to make a tropical area too, with big bold foliage and plants that remind me of the tropics.

Everything looks super. Great job and thanks for sharing!
    CMK

• newgardener4b
    12 years ago

I am new here and have been browsing through the threads on this forum. What a beautiful garden! Someday I hope mine will be as nice!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

I like the misty pictures, especially the second one with the forest background.

• gardenofeden777
    12 years ago

Very pretty, I had to go and search for the shed as I didn't see it 1st time 'round it blends so nicely into the landscape. Great job, thanks for sharing! Rena'

• scully931
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much for looking! I live in a hidden neighborhood so not many people see my gardens.

Funny thing about the color of that shed... when I moved in it was brown and very run down looking. My neighbors (love them!) are very...observant, shall we say. (I think they keep a log of my comings and goings. haha) I slapped one stroke of that green on the brown shed and they were over making not-so-subtle comments about the new color. They liked it once it was done, though. I think they just were worried a wild woman had moved in across the street from them.

Yes, plantmaven, that is an astible. I have several, but that is my favorite. It gets so tall.

I do cut my hibiscus back to the ground each fall, lilyfinch. Don't yours grow up from the ground each year? Or are they sending new shoots from an old stem? I don't really know all that much about hibiscus, even though I have quite a few.

Schoolhouse - yes, I had been eyeing that fountain for awhile, wondering where I would be able to put it. I think you really need a wall or backdrop of some sort for those flat backed ones. I run an extension cord through my garden (under the mulch) and under the grass pathway. It's a little hard to clean the fountain when it gets clogged, since it needs to be pulled away from the wall. Definitely not a fountain for someone who minds maintenance. I'm going to a pond shop sometime soon to see if they have any ideas to keep the debris out.

Sponsored