Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandi_w_gw

Why I won't be doing any gardening until Thu

Sandi_W
12 years ago

My youngest granddaughter (14 1/2 monthes) is coming for a visit tomorrow morning for four days. Don't let her innocent looks fool you. Those sweet little hands go everywhere at once and those tiny feet have already wiped out several bedding plants. She's such a loving child.

I filled her pool today so it will be nice and warm and I have her new little gardening tools all ready for her. Wonder which flower she'll dig up first?

{{gwi:651388}}

Comments (13)

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Oh, Sandi - what a great excuse not to garden! Lucky lucky Grandma you are!!! Enjoy!
    ~Natalie

• pat_tea
    12 years ago

The prettiest bloom in your garden!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

She is adorable. Buy a flat of pansies and let her go to town planting them!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

OMG,she is sooooooooo cute and the setting is wonderful.Makes me misss my great grands even more.I'd love to have them here running thru my gardens.Like her little dress as well,soooooooooo sweet,lucky you!!TFS
    Kathi

• natal
    12 years ago

She's adorable! I love the seersucker too. Saw a little boy dressed in it recently.

• Sandi_W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone. She's a real sweetie and has completely stolen my heart. And I do know I'm not the only grandmother in the world. LOL

The little seersucker was her egg-hunting outfit from Mimi (me).

No need to buy her pansies. She managed to almost completely decimate a large planter of impatiens in a matter of what seemed like seconds. And smiled at me as she smelled the crushed blooms! I just showed her how to replant what could be saved.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Creating memories in the best part - have a blast!

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

Having a little garden "helper" is one of those gifts that keep on giving. The time in the garden with Grandma is nurturing to grow and thrive over time-a life time gift! My great aunt let me "help" her in her beautiful gardens, now I am almost as old as she was then, not a day in the garden goes by that I don't think of her.

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

such a cutie - great picture!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

She's a doll. My friend bought her little grandaughter some kid size gardening tools and they work outside together. I'm not sure how much actually gets done, she's never said. I imagine just having her is enough for now.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

She is absolutely adorable, Sandi! And what fun that you have her for a while.
    Kay (another MImi)

• Sandi_W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It rained today so she & I went shopping. I did real good and only bought 3 perennials, but she got gardening gloves, a "big girl" set of gardening tools and some garden clogs. I was planting a container on the front porch out of the rain and as fast as I was putting soil in the pot she was scooping it out. Patience! She did get upset when the container was planted & set out into the rain.

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

What a little doll!!

When I was 63, my son and 3 kids moved in with us in our little 1500 sq ft home with about 3 days notice, ages 2, 5 and 8; I was working full time; two of the kids are autistic. We hardly knew each other, and you talk about culture shock! They stayed for five years until my son remarried and moved out. I don't like kids, remember, and SOMEONE was teaching me a lesson for that!! We're all fortunate that they're highly intelligent, and I look back on those years with such fond memories and learned so much... Monday night was spaghetti night with table cloth and candles, and even now when they come over we have to have that!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus