Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dolly's Seeds Company?

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 10:21

Has anyone heard of this company. In the pink clover thread, I mentioned Renee's Garden Seeds and that a local nursery carried them. Well, I just called and this year they do not. :( She said they have seed packs from another company called "Dolly's Seeds"? She said there is a drawing of "a funny lady" on the packet. I Googled and didn't find any info. Perhaps someone local is marketing their own flower seeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dolly's Seeds Company?

Fedco and some other companies carry good quantities of the red clover and buckwheat under "cover crops" section. The pink clover is technically red clover in the universe of garden catalogs.

o
RE: Dolly's Seeds Company?

Thanks ggg, I did drive to the nursery to check out the seeds - the packs indeed had a picture of a silly cartoon lady on the front speaking funny bits of wisdom. I didn't even pick them up to look at them.

Mostly, I was looking for the sweet pea seed that Renee's Garden offers. Last year I found the beautiful apricot zinnia seed from her, and they bloomed so well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here